Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 07:24 AM

475 posts, read 1,570,723 times

Advertisements

Have narrowed it down to these two - Gimelli's seems to have a healthy mix of negative and positive reviews. Anyone been to either one of them, or have any opinions of either?

Thanks,

D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 AM

718 posts, read 2,964,446 times
I used to go to Gimelli's. I left because they were too busy. Could never get a appointment with the stylist I wanted unless I booked 2 months in advance (for color) and heaven forbid I had to cancel. I would have to go to someone else. Also appoints were very rushed. I get my hair highlighted and wanted to go lighter, it kept coming out the same brassy tone because she wasn't leaving it on long enough, because she didn't have the time to wait for my hair to process , this happened 2x and then the hairstylist told me I need to by a special shampoo to get the tone right. It was hogwash.
I know this because my hair is now the color I want, because I left and went to a salon where they do not rush and had time to let the color process.
Most of my friends also had similar experiences.
I now go to Salon Suzanne Marie in Apex (off Hwy 55) and see Megan. Much better salon imo.
I also heard good things about Jay Andrew's in Apex.
Good luck!

Old 07-12-2008, 09:34 AM

551 posts, read 572,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by des1rees View Post
Have narrowed it down to these two - Gimelli's seems to have a healthy mix of negative and positive reviews. Anyone been to either one of them, or have any opinions of either?

Thanks,

D
I don't think these are in Stone Creek. I am very familiar with Stone Creek and I don't remember these.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:45 AM

718 posts, read 2,964,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In & Out View Post
I don't think these are in Stone Creek. I am very familiar with Stone Creek and I don't remember these.

The new J&F Gimelli is indeed in the the Stone Creek Village in Cary. Not sure where the other salon is.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:34 AM

260 posts, read 635,711 times
There is a new J&F Gimelli in Cary Park Town Center.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:36 AM

551 posts, read 572,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynn41072 View Post
The new J&F Gimelli is indeed in the the Stone Creek Village in Cary.

You are correct. I stand corrected. I just checked it out. I never make it to that end, as I keep stopping at the food joints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary