Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,082,816 times

Advertisements

Dh dragged me over there. He didn't tell me where we were going. I didn't even know there was a mall in downtown Durham!!!! I felt a little out of place & a little scared. Maybe Sat. evening is a bad time to go to the mall? I don't know. Are my feelings unreasonable? There seems to be a BIG police presence there. Do bad things happen there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 12:03 AM

38 posts, read 225,400 times
Northgate has been known to have its problems (then again which malls dont?).

The strong police presence is more of a precautionary thing especially on a Saturday night.

But seriously overall, the mall isn't that bad.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:34 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
Dh dragged me over there. He didn't tell me where we were going. I didn't even know there was a mall in downtown Durham!!!! I felt a little out of place & a little scared. Maybe Sat. evening is a bad time to go to the mall? I don't know. Are my feelings unreasonable? There seems to be a BIG police presence there. Do bad things happen there?
There is actually a police substation that leases out space at the mall.

There have been issues at Northgate but, as the other poster noted, you get that from time to time when you have teens together. My big complaint is that there aren't many interesting stores there, a factor of the mall being locally owned (I suspect) without the leasing muscle of a national company like those that own Southpoint, TTC, Cary Town Center, etc.

The movie theater there has comfy seats and good projection, which is nice.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:51 AM

551 posts, read 574,943 times
Quote:
I much prefer The Street at Southpoint mall. It has a much more comfortable feel there. The inside/outside thing I think.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:08 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,082,816 times
Southpoint doesn't have Tiger Direct tho. That's why we were there. I'd never drive that far to Northgate for anything else. Its a really cool store for computer people.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 AM

58 posts, read 149,088 times
It's actually not in downtown. The theatre there isn't so bad if you're not uncomfortable around people who aren't your ilk and like only paying 6.50 for movies. On my budget, that's a good thing.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:29 AM

847 posts, read 3,521,720 times
The malls are so crowded on a weekend night! We've been to Southpoint and Northgate on Saturdays and there is always so much going on; lots of opportunity for people-watching.

We always have a lot of fun at Northgate with the kids, especially during the day when it's not so crowded. They love the carousel, pretzels, train, quarter rides.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:57 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,516,661 times
It's probably the least safest mall you could go to in the area.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:36 AM

38 posts, read 225,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
The movie theater there has comfy seats and good projection, which is nice.
I really enjoy the theater at Northgate and its fairly new as well.
Quote:
Southpoint doesn't have Tiger Direct tho. That's why we were there. I'd never drive that far to Northgate for anything else. Its a really cool store for computer people.
I love Tiger Direct! If you ever want to build your own computer, that store has EVERYTHING you need lol

Old 07-13-2008, 11:41 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,300 times
You are in Durham! I feel scared anytime I go near that city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary