Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,557 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Calvitts! Every time I go through the neighborhood (every weekend) the clubhouse is closed and no one in the sales office knows what the deal is. I looked through all the stuff they gave me about the clubhouse, but nothing said how to reserve/rent it and what the rules are. You are such a great resource!

By the way, if you see a woman driving real s-l-o-w on the weekends in a black Honda CR-V, it's just me, so don't call the cops! This past Saturday I walked from the sales office to a house on Gathering Place (wanted to look inside and the sales rep was busy). It was a nice walk, but that hill kicked my butt! I'm excited because my house will get started soon and I can't wait. The houses are going up quick and like what I see.

Sena
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
Thanks, Calvitts! Every time I go through the neighborhood (every weekend) the clubhouse is closed and no one in the sales office knows what the deal is. I looked through all the stuff they gave me about the clubhouse, but nothing said how to reserve/rent it and what the rules are. You are such a great resource!

By the way, if you see a woman driving real s-l-o-w on the weekends in a black Honda CR-V, it's just me, so don't call the cops! This past Saturday I walked from the sales office to a house on Gathering Place (wanted to look inside and the sales rep was busy). It was a nice walk, but that hill kicked my butt! I'm excited because my house will get started soon and I can't wait. The houses are going up quick and like what I see.

Sena
LOL, I walk that hill daily for that very reason!

The clubhouse is open when the pool is open, so that is why you are finding it locked. The facility itself is relatively small and is used primarily for entry to and from the pool along with the minimal facilities contained in the building itself.

A black Honda CR-V.... I know I've seen that vehicle! When I walk on the weekends or during daytime hours, I always have a golden retriever and a mostly black border collie (with a white stripe down the middle of his chest and belly -- he's named Oreo!).

If you see me, stop me to talk, because I am ALWAYS walking back by yours and Sbanawan's lots!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 AM

842 posts, read 2,588,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
That's great to hear that prices are going back up again. Must make you feel pretty good knowing you bought when you did
Great for whom ... not potential buyers like me ? I would love to get in there but the area is not zoned for the better schools like Jordan High and Creekside Elementary. Also, the only amenity is a small pool which is right smack at the front of the sub-division . Despite all that I really love the floor plans though . The a-la-cart option is what get you .

Old 02-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Great for whom ... not potential buyers like me ? I would love to get in there but the area is not zoned for the better schools like Jordan High and Creekside Elementary. Also, the only amenity is a small pool which is right smack at the front of the sub-division . Despite all that I really love the floor plans though . The a-la-cart option is what get you .
Is it an option for you to put your kids into magnet schools? I like the area and fortunately I didn't have to worry about schools because my DD goes to DSA (Durham School of the Arts). I've been told the zoning rules in Durham are still a bit lax, so maybe you could get an exemption for the schools you want your kids to attend?

I really don't like the pool location, but I'm hoping it'll be less visible once the leaves are on the trees and bushes. Also, I would have loved to have other amenities, but the pool was the most important for me, so I can live without paying high prices for fitness centers, tennis and basketball courts (that I probably wouldn't use anyway)!

Sena

Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,751 times
I just wish the playground were bigger. When my son is older I'll want a bigger pool but it is fine for now. btw we got our bamboo in over the weekend and it looks great, if I do say so myself . We're moving in on Saturday so pop over if you'd like!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanawan View Post
I just wish the playground were bigger. When my son is older I'll want a bigger pool but it is fine for now. btw we got our bamboo in over the weekend and it looks great, if I do say so myself . We're moving in on Saturday so pop over if you'd like!
We just might! I'm sure we'll be over there anyway. Sunday is the best day, though, because the construction workers aren't there and we can drive around more, but we'll make it a point to stop by.

Sena

Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 AM

140 posts, read 440,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
For what you want just go to Fairfield -- it connects to Grandale (right now you can't drive through due to barriers but you can walk through) and is zoned to Jordan and Creekside. Plus there is a pool, playground and tennis courts. There are both existing homes and new available. You won't find the same floor plans as Grandale but there are still some nice ones.

And Sena and Calvitts -- if you want another hill that will really kick your rear -- take a stroll over to Fairfield and hit the hill on Braden/Queensbury.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durhammom View Post
For what you want just go to Fairfield -- it connects to Grandale (right now you can't drive through due to barriers but you can walk through) and is zoned to Jordan and Creekside. Plus there is a pool, playground and tennis courts. There are both existing homes and new available. You won't find the same floor plans as Grandale but there are still some nice ones.

And Sena and Calvitts -- if you want another hill that will really kick your rear -- take a stroll over to Fairfield and hit the hill on Braden/Queensbury.
And you don't pay city taxes in Fairfield

The only thing I'd be concerned about is eventual re-districting.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,756,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
And you don't pay city taxes in Fairfield
Yet, it's only a matter of time. But of course some residents have been hearing that for 15+ years.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM

140 posts, read 440,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Yet, it's only a matter of time. But of course some residents have been hearing that for 15+ years.
Yes, Fairfield was a list being considered for annexation about 10 years ago but it got put on hold and so far is still on hold. Although the savings aren't quite as much as they seem as Fairfield does pay more for water, extra taxes for fire protection and a separate fee for trash. But it is cheaper than city taxes.

As far as redistricting -- that's another one that has been floating for years and may happen at some point. Although at least at the high school level I think they'd have to start enforcing boundaries before they could make any districting changes. And there is a High School for SouthWest Durham somewhere in the plans -- but I'm sure my kids will be done before its built
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary