Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times

Advertisements

WRAL is reporting that the family does not believe Nancy ever went jogging.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3220350/

Quote:
Rentz and Lister say in the filing that Brad Cooper never reported his wife missing and never contacted them to inform them of her disappearance. They say they do not believe based on the information they have received, that Cooper ever went jogging.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:18 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
WRAL is reporting that the family does not believe Nancy ever went jogging.
Unfortunately...sounds like a movie I saw...

Husband and wife are having problems. Wife goes to party. Wife comes home and there is an arguement. Wife dies. It could have been accidental but husband doesn't think anyone will believe him so he gets rid of the body and comes up with a story. The truth comes out and we all know how sad that is for the family, including the children.

I'm not pointing fingers or making light of a horrible situation but I'm beginning to see where this is headed.

Sorry...Mike...but if you see smoke, there is usually a fire.

Vicki

Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Husband and wife are having problems. Wife goes to party. Wife comes home and there is an arguement. Wife dies. It could have been accidental but husband doesn't think anyone will believe him so he gets rid of the body and comes up with a story. The truth comes out and we all know how sad that is for the family, including the children.

I'm not pointing fingers or making light of a horrible situation but I'm beginning to see where this is headed.

Vicki
Starting to sound like a Lifetime Movie Network movie.

Also reporting Brad Cooper was having an affair....

Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
It is one thing to say it looks bad for a guy based on actual information that is starting to come out. It is quite another to proclaim a guy guilty because "you could tell by looking at him". Same thing with presuming someone is guilty because they have the sense to hire a lawyer (remember the Duke Lacrosse case).

Old 07-17-2008, 09:28 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki
Actually, it's starting to sound like a real life situation that happened here last Feb. Ex and my friend started arguing. Ex did something that resulted in friend dying from massive head wounds (and a railroad tie was missing...). Ex took daughter to dinner and movie and didn't call 911 until 5 hours had passed. Ex had his lawyer in driveway w/ him when ambulance/police showed up. Ex gave statement and was released to go home. Ex disappeared the next day. Family went to court to have ex's parental rights terminated in emergency move. Ex found hanging from a tree four days later.

And I agree w/ previous poster. Saying you don't like the way the guy looks or speaks and you just know he's guilty is one thing. But speculating on his guilt now that more facts are coming out is another. And still I'm cautious about speculating. However, news reports that Nancy was in the process of trying to separate from her husband and statistics show that such an action can be an extremely difficult situation for a woman in any kind of abusive situation.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 AM

18,047 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Hmmmm...husband threatened suicide earlier this year and has a history of instability and kids were removed for their own protection? yep. I think we can see where this is heading in general. I said earlier that I thought one of the reasons he was being watched by police was for 'safety' issues around the kids and it seems that wasn't so far fetched.

He's looking more and more like he's the focus of their investigation and that is not unexpected.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 AM

353 posts, read 1,366,418 times
While it may not be the husband, most intentional deaths are from someone the person knows - so the odds are against him, even if he is/will be found innocent if accused.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
Default Sad Story / Scary Story

Let me preface what follows by saying I have 2 young girls the same age as the Cooper's. And for the family and two girls, this is a tragically sad occurrence.

Because this story is so sad, gut-wrenching, and outrageous, not a day goes by without thinking about this tragedy. Today, daughters in tow, I drove to where the body was found and could not help getting teary-eyed. The gorgeous weather could not contrast more with the solemnity of what took place last weekend.

I think we all try to make sense of this otherwise senseless act, whether it turns out to be a suicide, familial homicide or random event.

It's the human in all of us to imagine all the scenarios, search out more clues, and hope for a swift justice. Unfortunately for the two girls, they will remain victims for a lifetime.

Human nature again is quick to race to wagering who committed the crime. I think we can all do that as long we temper those suspicions with the eventual preponderance of evidence, or lack of it.

The scenarios are endless, the probabilities however are not. In all likelihood, if it truly is a homicide, someone she knew did it. Given all the circumstantial tidbits bantered about, it is easy to say the husband had a hand in her death. Only time will tell.

Another scenario could be that a construction worker who is familiar with the construction site may have had a hand in her demise. What an investigation that would be. More than half of the workers would not speak English and are probably undocumented, and afraid to speak to police. Given about three thousand US citizens are killed EVERY YEAR by illegal aliens here in the United States (and eight children are sexually violated a day by the same), this avenue should not go unexplored. These are facts, so please refrain from calling me a rascist, take your racism to La Raza please, where it rightfully belongs. A quick scan of Raleigh Police's most wanted persons website should suffice for doubter's (you prove they ARE DOCUMENTED, thank you)..

A quick check of NC's sex offender website in the 27511 zip is quite eye-opening to boot. All parents should view this website, it's free. And what you will find is just those that are REGISTERED!

But I digress, the Town of Cary Police department is handling this case, and have hinted strongly that it appears to be an isolated incident. To quell the public's fears that they might be next, the Police either know somethings we don't (which would serve to make us breathe a little easier, but jeopardize the investigation) OR, they just don't know enough right now to rule ANYTHING out ('does not appear' to be is lawyer talk, read case is 'WIDE OPEN') ..

We'll see how this shakes out. Let's temper our conclusions until the evidence is outted (something I desperately need to 'work' on). And let's not forget about the two little girls whose lives have changed forever....

Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
First of all, I am totally in shock that you drove to an area where a body was found, and with your children in tow? Why on earth even go there? Some macabre reason or draw? It just confounds me.

And, although I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions, IMHO your opinion has a definite racist vibe. You made mention of "tapering those suspicions" and in the next breath you alluded to the possibility of an illegal alien committing the crime??? Why did you choose the name Dora the Explorer? She's Spanish!

And lastly, to mention sexual predators in this same thread is beyond my comprehension. You are correct that all parents should be alert to the website you mentioned but not here, not now.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM

371 posts, read 1,259,289 times
Unhappy lgd1010 chill

omigod- chill. Just more thoughts from Dora , that's all. Perhaps she meant she happen to be driving past that area and thought about Mrs Cooper. I don't find it morbid. I find her comments compassionate. Picking thru the brush or something, that's morbid. And racist? Come on....again just a thought from her. And then you even pick apart her screen name? jeez.

I find the story so sad. That's all. All I care about is that there are 2 little girls now who woke up Sat. morning w/out their mom...ever again. Can't understand exactly where she's gone and the permanence of it all. Thank God they'v got a caring family to surroound them, though it's still not their mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary