Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 11:36 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Brad's family is mentioned in this article:

Medicine Hat News - Hat connection to U.S. murder (http://www.medicinehatnews.com/content/view/35911/65/ - broken link)

I figured since there are so many rumors and speculation here is an article about his side of the family.
Anyone else find it odd that Brad's brother's wife had "never met Nancy"???

They were sisters-in-law, after all.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:39 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
Unusual but not odd. The article said the brother was on his way to North Carolina. He could have just married the wife; they might have eloped or had a small wedding with no family. There are lots of ways in which she might not have yet met Nancy.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:41 AM

997 posts, read 4,643,523 times
Like I said very odd. Piece that together with the fact that that whole side of the family is silent. Not even a glimse from them. I know Brad is being quiet. And from the words of the sister in law his father and brother are here in the US with him.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:48 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,106,871 times
Did Nancy's friend call the police after talking to Brad and finding out she never returned from the run or did she call after she failed to show up at her place?

Old 07-18-2008, 11:51 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
Did Nancy's friend call the police after talking to Brad and finding out she never returned from the run or did she call after she failed to show up at her place?
Apparently she called Brad in the afternoon to find out where Nancy was. He told the friend that she had gone running with a friend called Carrie and not returned so he was trying to find this friend's phone number. The friend thought this sounded suspicious so she called the police.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:07 PM

502 posts, read 1,739,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
Apparently she called Brad in the afternoon to find out where Nancy was. He told the friend that she had gone running with a friend called Carrie and not returned so he was trying to find this friend's phone number. The friend thought this sounded suspicious so she called the police.
I saw the friend in a live interview on The Record (FoxNewsChannel) and that is not exactly what she said. She said that it was very unusual for the Nancy not to have shown up or contacted her on Saturday morning (that seems kind of strange to me, but that is what she said), so she called the husband around 9am, and after hearing him say that he didn't know where she was (the jogging thing), she decided to call the police. She didn't elaborate on anything about the husband but there has to be more than is being said here. I find it quite odd that the husband wasn't the one that reported his wife missing???? And I thought you had to be missing for 24 hours before the police would open a report??? It seemed to me like the friend (although she didn't say it) was thinking something was wrong after talking to the husband.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:23 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
The thing that is bothering me the most is that she was on a normal pattern where she drove to a site, had coffee and went jogging from there. Her handbag was in the car??
Was her trip to get the coffee and meet her friend interrupted or did someone make it look like she had started to do that. I would think the time of death would answer this question. Does anyone know what time she died?

Last edited by NCN; 07-18-2008 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: While everything I posted seems to be common knowledge, I was concerned about copyright.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:25 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Anyone else find it odd that Brad's brother's wife had "never met Nancy"???

They were sisters-in-law, after all.
However if Nancy has been in NC the whole 8 years, then maybe she hasn't returned to Medicine Hat to meet them. I have a sister who lives in Arkansas that I haven't seen in over 8 years or longer - we just haven't been "home" at the same time in NH to visit, and neither of us have made it to funerals. She has got married since I last saw her, and I haven't seen a picture of him or met him yet - although I have talked to him 2 times since they were married last year.

I found it odd that the sister-in-law said that Gregg (Brad's brother) JUST found out that Nancy was missing! Why wouldn't Brad have at least called his father and brother when it first happened to get some support from his family - sounds like they weren't as close as Nancy's family was.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:27 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
When Cooper didn't show up, Adam called Brad Cooper. She said he told her that his wife had gone for a run with a friend, but he wasn't sure which friend. Adam said he later called to say he thought the friend was someone named Carrie and wanted to know whether Adam knew how to contact Carrie.

An uneasy feeling

Adam knew someone by that name but said she didn't know the woman's last name and did not have her phone number. Cooper said he was going to continue looking for Carrie's phone number and hung up, Adam said. Adam said she felt that something had gone wrong and called police.

This is what I found in the News and Observer.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:47 PM

271 posts, read 1,213,152 times
Um, mark my words the husband did it. If I was a betting man, I would bet money on this one. Only a matter of time until the story breaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary