Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 02:30 PM

655 posts, read 916,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
We really don't need WRAL or any news site to tell us "it is an isolated case". All you have to do is look at her husband, look at his lips when he is speaking. You could tell he is shaken and ashamed of what he did. That's how I knew for a fact, he did not mean to kill her but he did. Pray for him! He seemed like a decent guy who just snapped and did the unthinkable..I hope the good lord upstairs forgives him!!!
23 years married to the same woman. In our younger days we had a few rough patches. But no matter how bad it got, the thought of ever doing harm to her never even remotely crossed my mind. Decent people do not murder the mother of their children. No excuses, no matter how bad it was. If things are so bad, you can't take it, then it is time to walk away. Taking another's life outside of immediate self defense is never justified, period. If they guy killed his wife, he needs to pay for it.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:50 PM

560 posts, read 1,548,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedB View Post
Okay everyone, sounds like Tatiana1 has put out the call. Let's all get our torches and pitch forks and go get that monster! (apologies to Mary Shelley)
Go right ahead..make fun of me, criticize me, even call me "dangerous" but I am not going to apologize for my observant nature! That is what kept me safe all this time because body language (in addition to other facts i gather) speaks loud to me..

Old 07-15-2008, 03:08 PM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Missing jogger is Nancy.

Homicide

No details are being released by the police at this time.

Husband was supposed to come to press conference and chose not to.

Since the police do NOT think the public is in danger, then I am going to conclude that their focus is on the husband at this point. They didn't SAY that, but do the math.

Of note: her brother made a statement and at the end said she is a "daughter, mother, sister" and will be remembered that way. NO MENTION of being a wife. Hmmmmmmmm.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:09 PM

113 posts, read 436,632 times
How very sad. My thoughts are with her family - especially those precious girls.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:16 PM

560 posts, read 1,548,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Missing jogger is Nancy.

Homicide

No details

Husband was supposed to come to press conference and chose not to.

Since the police do NOT think the public is in danger, then I am going to conclude that their focus is on the husband at this point. They didn't SAY that, but do the math.
They said cops are guarding his house and following him. Could they be thinking he is a flight risk? That is why I called the guy "decent" in my earlier post because he stuck around (even showed his face on TV!) knowing full well what he did. If it was somebody else, they would have escaped to Mexico by now. Pray for the family!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:19 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post

Of note: her brother made a statement and at the end said she is a "daughter, mother, sister" and will be remembered that way. NO MENTION of being a wife. Hmmmmmmmm.
That jumped out at me too.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends. Especially her daughters.

So sad.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:20 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,022,274 times
Quote:
They said cops are guarding his house and following him. Could they be thinking he is a flight risk? That is why I called the guy "decent" in my earlier post because he stuck around (even showed his face on TV!) knowing full well what he did. If it was somebody else, they would have escaped to Mexico by now. Pray for the family!
Yup, that DEFINITELY qualifies a guy as "decent" in my book!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:26 PM

862 posts, read 3,549,113 times
I would think they were guarding his house for his own protection. The court of public opinion is a very strong force to be reckoned with.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:30 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,771,184 times
According to another board, Canadian reporter apparently asked about whether it was true the husband was seen buying bleach at 4am Saturday night. Police couldn't confirm or deny at this time.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:40 PM

171 posts, read 451,957 times
Quote:
Go right ahead..make fun of me, criticize me, even call me "dangerous" but I am not going to apologize for my observant nature! That is what kept me safe all this time because body language (in addition to other facts i gather) speaks loud to me..

Let me get this one out there right now, I think it is more likely than not that he is involved or responsible. However, we do not know all the facts. Naturally he would now be a person of interest, but that doesn't mean he is guilty. There are still a lot of unanswered questions such as at what points was he not with the girls. If he killed the mother, it likely wasn't in front of the girls, so where were they? And if he disposed of the body, the girls likely weren't with him, so where were they? Did anyone, other than the husband, see her leave to go jogging in the morning or was the last time anyone saw her at the cocktail party Friday night?

Going by a person's appearance, body language or mannerisms alone to judge guilt or innocence is just not right. Do you have any idea how many people would be falsely convicted of crimes if that was how we determined guilt or innocence? Maybe he felt awkward in front of all those people, cameras and microphones. Maybe he was in shock at the disappearance of his wife. Maybe he feels uncomfortable because he knows that everyone assumes he didn't. People all react differently to these situations and people can react to situations in odd ways that might not seem to be the way you would react to the situation. We need to be careful about interpreting our own impressions of someone as fact.

I'm sorry if my comment hurt your feelings. It was more a jab at how most of us in this thread, myself included, were getting caught up in this and coming up with all these assumptions and speculations with really only a very few facts. I guess we all just watch too much CSI and Criminal Minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary