U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 08:37 AM

14 posts, read 15,610 times

Advertisements

I am ready to take the PE exam this Fall for my PE licensure. Just try to find someone to give me some guide line or recommendations for me to take the exam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 09:05 AM

19 posts, read 47,888 times
Default Pe

I dont know if I can link to it, but search for NCBELS which is the website for the NC Board of Engineers and has all the application data. I believe the application data for the fall exam is August 1st, so hurry.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM

1,936 posts, read 3,300,856 times
Default I took it 25 years ago......

I just looked at the NCEES site and realized how different the exam is today, in 1983 both Part I and Part II were open book!

General comments:
  1. Know your reference books! Boxes of text books will not help if you can't remember what material is in each book and where it is located.
  2. Review, review, review. If a local Engineering Society offers formal review courses, enroll in them.
  3. Bring two battery operated calculators. Don't assume there will be enough light to operate a solar calculator unless you are familiar with the testing venue. (I took Part II in a basketball arena and they did not illuminate the game lights!)
  4. Know how you will get your reference books from the parking lot to the testing room. I limited myself to books I knew extremely well, and that would all fit in one carryable box. The fellow in front of me had three or four Banker's Boxes of books on a hand-truck (clear over-kill).
  5. Know where the testing site is located, where to park, how to enter the building, and typical traffic patterns. You don't want to arrive late or flustered from being nearly late.
Best of luck! With a PE behind your name you can be sued for bad decisions in addition to being fired. LOL

Three other pieces of advice:
  1. NEVER let your license lapse, unless you want to be subjected to 16 hours of examination a second time.
  2. Immediately register with the NCEES for the purpose of future comity (i.e. reciprocity).
  3. Diligently maintain a CV of all work experience from this point forward. I am now faced with creating a CV for the purpose of filing for "Licensure Through Comity" after 25 years. Many of the other PE's who are best acquainted with my work have retired and moved.

Last edited by MI-Roger; 07-16-2008 at 12:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary