Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 06:41 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

Today I made a visit to Holly Springs and stopped by the Carolina Brewing Company for a tour. It was a great experience. They have a tour each Saturday at 1:00. As soon as you walk in the door you are given a pint glass. They have a small bar with several taps in the production room and you can take your pick. I tried their Pale Ale. It was delicious. I was amazed at how many people were there for the tour. There were easily 75 people there for the tour! A lot of great questions were asked during the tour and I learned a lot about their operation today. Apparently Barely prices have gone up from $5/lb to $25/lb in the past 6 months! I also didn't realize that the company is comprised of just 3 partners and 1 employee. I highly recommend a stop by the Carolina Brewing Company if you live in Holly Springs or are visiting the area on a Saturday.

Here are a few quick pictures from the tour of the Brewery

One of the partners explains the brewing process

Crowd of people waiting in line for there pint of brew (the line moved fast!)

Some of the brewing equipment

The bottling machine

More brewing equipment

Here are a few quick pics of the Holly Springs Farmer's Market (broken link) which I visited on my way to the Brewery. The Farmer's market is held on Saturday's from 8-12 in the Holly Springs Town Hall parking lot. The market was a little small, but I'm sure it will grow in popularity in time.

Holly Springs Farmer's Market

Holly Springs Farmer's Market

Cool building being rennovated behind Town Hall

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 07-19-2008 at 07:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 09:44 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
If I was the "Told you so," sort of guy, I would say, "Told you so."

Ooooh, what the heck...."Told you so."

Old 07-19-2008, 11:34 PM

98 posts, read 511,799 times
Cool! My roommate works in Holly Springs and he has always wanted to go and do that..

Old 07-20-2008, 12:15 AM

59 posts, read 151,564 times
Quote:
There were easily 75 people there for the tour!
I promise you at least half of them were "regulars".

I think anyone who enjoys good beer should visit this tour at least once. If you enjoy it, show your support for them by picking up a sixer of their incredible beer at the tour or the next time you see it at the grocery store.

BTW, I'm not in anyway affiliated with CBC but I believe in supporting any people or businesses that present something worthwhile to their local communities.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:15 AM

305 posts, read 713,372 times
North_Raleigh_Guy, I think I love you

You come up with some of the most considerate postings. Thanks!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 AM

Thumbs up Support the local economy ..... drink more beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post

If you enjoy it, show your support for them by picking up a sixer of their incredible beer at the tour or the next time you see it at the grocery store.

BTW, I'm not in anyway affiliated with CBC but I believe in supporting any people or businesses that present something worthwhile to their local communities.
You got it! I'm all for supporting the local brews made here in the Triangle (both Carolina Brewing Company and Big Boss Brewing Company) and look forward to picking them up on a regular basis. We all need to do are part to support the local economy. I will do my part and drink more beer!

I saw a guy at the tour with a shirt that had a great quote on the back. It read: "All it takes is a liver and a dream"

Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
If I was the "Told you so," sort of guy, I would say, "Told you so."

Ooooh, what the heck...."Told you so."
You sure did!

Thanks Mike! You da' Man!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,103 times
NRG,

Very interesting post and great idea... Is the tour free or is there an admission charge?

Ditto what James Taylor said, you have a way of showcasing the best in the Triangle area!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:09 PM

106 posts, read 502,890 times
Yeah! My husband and I love the Carolina Brewing Company and keep the fridge stocked! We'll live in Holly Springs soon (less than 60 days and counting!!!) and we love to explore something new out there every weekend. Thanks for mentioning the Farmer's Market. I plan to stop there before our brewery tour on Saturday!

Excellent post! And to Calvitts - yes, it's completely free...even when they open their taps. They do sell six packs to take home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary