Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:16 PM

280 posts, read 739,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
You nailed it. According to this page:

Regulated Child Care in NC

centers with programs <4 hours per day are not required to be licensed.

Little Dreamer's website says their program is 9:15 to 12:30 - so only 3.25 hours. However, they do offer 'extended days'.... which theoretically would take them over the 4 hours??
hmm I have an appointment with them Monday, will check with them on this matter. They came highly recommended by a few people ( a couple of them on this forum) so I am hoping I can get past them not being licensed.

Sorry OP - didnt mean to hijack your thread. I had briefly met a lady who dropped her infant at the Growing years Davis drive centre and she had said that it was ok. But I have not met her since then so I am not sure how they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 01:25 PM

134 posts, read 605,375 times
no worries, gonna check out Bright Beginnings instead! Run with it......

Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 AM

551 posts, read 2,281,066 times
So, NCLass - what did you find out about Little Dreamer's? I've been heavily researching lately and would love to know!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 AM

FYI, we aren't going with Bright Beginnings. Can anyone advise what they know of Creekstone Creative around RTP? It's an older building and I've toured, just not sure................. there's a newer one in Morrisville but it's not as convenient for us. Any thoughts/input??

Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 AM

551 posts, read 2,281,066 times
I've got nothing on Creekstone Creative... But why not Bright Beginnings? I had heard good things...

Old 07-31-2008, 10:47 AM

I don't know if it's anything I can put into words exactly. The feel wasn't there. The reason we're considering Creekstone is because he's already in a Creative School so it's easier to transfer and won't have to pay another registration fee which for some places is either $100 up to $175 every year. Since we just paid this fee fairly recently, makes sense to transfer him until we figure something out (unless it works out for him at Creekstone).

Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 PM

280 posts, read 739,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
So, NCLass - what did you find out about Little Dreamer's? I've been heavily researching lately and would love to know!
Hi Chicky, the place looked nice - very differnt from the chain daycares we were so used to seeing. I mean it had murals on the walls etc. They dont have an outdoor play area which is ok I guess because the kids are there just 3 hours each day. To make up for that they have a nice play room with those inflatables they can bounce on and a nice area with a play kitchen, shop dressup area etc. It is an older building and in a strip mall that seems deserted - atleast when we went.
We met the owner who was very nice and she said that day they were replacing the HVAC system so things were a little messy. Cost is reasonable.
Overall I liked the place but I didnt meet the teacher/caregiver since they are closed until Aug mid week. We have one more place to check tomorrow Kindercare on Cary Parkway - they offer a half day program too which we want. I'll probably drop-in again when the children are there before we make a decision.
Any opinion about Kindercare ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary