Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:17 PM

10 posts, read 92,809 times

Advertisements

Nobody works with prevention programs but they have a solution for the problem. Get involved and volunteer in your community and stop speculating about why there is a gang problems. Gangs are not new in Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 09:48 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
But some of the poorest cities in the country have huge gang problems (think Detroit).
Mentioning that Detroit has gangs is "newsworthy"?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:34 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,078,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Mentioning that Detroit has gangs is "newsworthy"?

In the context of use, I was pointing out Raleigh was not immune nor singlely affected by gangs and economics of an area was not a make or break factor factor.... Detroit was a good comparison city for that reason

Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM

401 posts, read 1,623,560 times
Gangs have been around Raleigh for a couple of years but gang violence has escalated alot in the last 6-8 months. There used to ba a shooting/stabbing incident once a month or so. Now, those incidents occur almost daily( maybe not EVERY day), and they have included other crimes such as torching houses (of other gang members) to their records.
Maybe the increase in activity is from other more "seasoned" gang members moving to the area for whatever reason, so I could see the relation between increase in population and gang problems.
I think that most in law enforcement are doing their part, we need to get tougher on gang violence in the courtroom.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,213 times
Exclamation gang problem

Am a reform gang member from los angeles ....
i also have a program where i work with kid's
from the age's of 11 to 25 and also older that are at-risk ....
am under the state of california cease fire and a
council of community violence intervention professionals
am a co-founder t.e.e.a..m works foundation
which mean teaching empowerment ethic's and moral's work's
am behind puting together a cease fire between my community
and a rival community for 13 year' so i know it can work any where ....
[MOD] url removed [/MOD]

Last edited by autumngal; 08-13-2008 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: no advertising please, ty

Old 08-13-2008, 04:03 PM

286 posts, read 994,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
Teens may be recruited, but its my understanding you are in a gang for life?

Not necessarily. You can get "jumped out" of some gangs

Old 08-13-2008, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,213 times
you really can were am from get put off the gang if you wanted to the same way you
got put on ....there is a way out of anything like i said the same way you got in it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary