Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM

528 posts, read 1,458,780 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Carpenter Village area of Cary. I was looking at a listing and LOVED the Charleston Style look...the lots look small and close together, but that doesn't bother us (unless it's REALLY small). We want enough yard for our kids, but we're not the type of people who enjoy spending our weekends working on it.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 08:17 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,381,714 times
Carpenter Village is very nice - nice homes, good location with easy access to Rt 55, 540 and I-40. Like it's name, the development has a "village like" feel. There are some people on this forum who live there and seem to like it very much.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,979,218 times
It's a nice neighborhood. It's in the landing pattern for RDU and that bothers some people and doesn't bother others. You would need to determine for yourself. There is an elementary school and a library within walking distance and a bunch of playgrounds scattered throughout the neighborhood. Sidewalks and a lot of families. Some of the lots are non-existent and some are larger. Overall, it's a nice neighborhood.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 AM

718 posts, read 2,965,938 times
Very nice neighborhood. Too much plane noise for us, but it has a school (elementary) and "town center" with a few shops. They do have small lots though. I would check it out.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM

3,380 posts, read 7,734,758 times
I have a decent size lot (.25 acre) in CV, but am not in a Charleston-style home. There is a mix of different sized homes and lots in the neighborhood.

Actually, the C-style homes don't really work unless they are right next to one another, IMO, so I don't see that aspect as important at all. The neighborhood has tons of shared open space - playgrounds, fields, the lake and trails, etc., which further negates any need for a large lot (and associated maintenance).

I love living here. Very family friendly neighborhood. Elementary school and public library are right next to the neighborhood. There is a daycare right in the neighborhood. There is a decent pool with a very active swim club. The neo-urban design with sidewalks, walking trails, front porches, etc. really make for a friendly, active environment. We love getting out and walking the dog by the lake.

Location is absolutely perfect for me. I have an 8 mile bike ride into my job in RTP. Takes me about 25 minutes by bike. Or I can walk over to 55 and Morrisville-Carpenter and catch the TTA bus (about a 20 minute ride). If I drive in myself, it is 10-15 minutes of stress free driving. We have easy access to NC 540. We can cut across easily to 751 and go to Streets of Southpoint. Lots of new retail, etc. coming to the area near 55 and 540. Close enough to be very convenient, but not right there frustrating us with traffic on a day-to-day basis.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 PM

33 posts, read 97,585 times
I am curious to hear the pros and cons of this neighborhood as well. It is a neighborhood I am considering.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 2 days ago)

43,067 posts, read 76,614,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina2008 View Post
I am curious to hear the pros and cons of this neighborhood as well. It is a neighborhood I am considering.
I think the above posts are very fair.
Great access to RTP.
Airplane noise/traffic in some of the neighborhood.
CV is a very attractive community, with amenities.
Wide range of home styles and price points.
Good access to Cary, Durham, and Jordan Lake.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 PM

33 posts, read 97,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I think the above posts are very fair.
Great access to RTP.
Airplane noise/traffic in some of the neighborhood.
CV is a very attractive community, with amenities.
Wide range of home styles and price points.
Good access to Cary, Durham, and Jordan Lake.
Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary