Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:39 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,663,708 times

Advertisements

I use Bayleaf as well and a mobile vet service "Pet-Vet" House calls.. but they aren't taking anyone right now. I've been going to Bayleaf since 1992 and they have been very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 AM

99 posts, read 326,149 times
I take my dogs to Dr. Farmer at Greystone Animal Hospital, she is great, very caring, affordable and doesn't try to sell you on services that your pet doesn't need.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:11 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,935,039 times
Default Magnolia Animal Hospital

My son has used Magnolia (on Capital near the Louisburg split) to care for his Shiba for 4 years, and is very satisfied. His dog seems to enjoy the place too.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:29 PM

492 posts, read 1,152,082 times
My dogs have been patients of Six Forks Animal Hospital for years. I've had 3 pets, going back to 1993. We've seen Drs Sullivan, Driscoll and Price and would recommend all of them.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:32 PM

32 posts, read 93,035 times
Thank you everyone! I made a few phone calls today and after a very long but pleasant conversation with Bayleaf I've decided to give them a try..

Old 08-02-2008, 01:37 PM

106 posts, read 512,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelGal30 View Post
Hi Folks.. I'll be bringing home a 2 month old Lab puppy over Labor Day and I'm looking for a good (not over priced) veterinarian in the North Raleigh area. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does or has anyone used the Banfield veterinary services through Petsmart?? Thanks in advance!!
Hey, when your pup becomes at least 6 months, maybe think of enrolling in NC States blood donor program if you can get him in. All he'll need is a simple blood test to see if he's the right type(universal donor) then all vaccines heartworm and flea meds and blood work is free for program members. All they have to do is donate some blood to needy patients once every 2 months. They get treats and a bandana and they save lives! very cool if you want to save costs. Contact the Small Animal Hospital at NC State and Talk to Samantha Normandin for more info. There's a national shortage for animal blood right now we could use more healthy pups! Plus if your pet ever gets sick and needs blood, for every unit he/she gives they get it back for free. (its very expensive stuff).

Old 08-02-2008, 03:30 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnny View Post
Hey, when your pup becomes at least 6 months, maybe think of enrolling in NC States blood donor program if you can get him in. All he'll need is a simple blood test to see if he's the right type(universal donor) then all vaccines heartworm and flea meds and blood work is free for program members. All they have to do is donate some blood to needy patients once every 2 months. They get treats and a bandana and they save lives! very cool if you want to save costs. Contact the Small Animal Hospital at NC State and Talk to Samantha Normandin for more info. There's a national shortage for animal blood right now we could use more healthy pups! Plus if your pet ever gets sick and needs blood, for every unit he/she gives they get it back for free. (its very expensive stuff).
That's cool! I never heard of that before.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:44 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,419 times
We use and love Dr. McAskill at Durant Road VCA Animal Hospital. We've used him for 2 cats and 2 dogs over the years and have always been happy, whether with normal check ups, emergency care, or unfortunately, the one time we required cremation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary