Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2007, 10:18 PM

106 posts, read 512,888 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
Would appreciate info on the Zebulon area paricularly the eagle ridge subdivision. How is the area and schools? Hospitals in the area? How far is it from the city? Crime rate etc.
I had posted a question on the main forum with lots of help but i was redirected to this area for specifics.
We are looking at buying a manufactured double wide home and land (no park/community) in this area....I think. I like the raleigh area d/t the medical facilities. I'm a nurse at a large hospital in ny and Duke U looked like a good fit ..
any info would be truely appreciated.
thanks
ny nurse :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 06:04 AM

8 posts, read 20,788 times
Hi NYnurse, quickly there is a drive and i mean a drive if you choose to live in Zebulon and work in Durham and from the side of Wake County you would live in and the side of Durham County Duke is located in there is no easy way to travel even with the new portion of 540 opened. I will private message you with the information you need to contact me if you choose to and I will explain more. I have an appointment this morning that will take the better part of my day. Take care and check your private message.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 PM

137 posts, read 607,244 times
MichaelG is right, it's quite a commute from Zebulon to Durham. I'm going to guess 45-50 minutes in light traffic - if it's during rush hour or with heavy traffic, add a considerable amount of time to that. That's based on taking the "preferred" route that follows the new 64 bypass and 540, then Hwy 70 or I-40 (pick your poison) to Durham.

I don't know much about nursing opportunities in the area, but I've heard consistent reports that the adjusted pay rate vs. cost of living here isn't quite as good as some other areas of the country. That being said, however, the quality of life is wonderful and reasonably priced real estate is still available depending on how far you are willing to commute.

Maybe areas north of Falls Lake like Creedmore, or even Wake Forest or Youngsville might be a better location for you if you choose to work in Durham? I don't know much about the cost of land in those areas of Wake County (nor what's available for putting a manufactured home on), but geographically, you'd have a shorter commute time than you would from Zebulon, and yet it's about the same driving time from there to downtown Raleigh.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:50 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
I have a friend who is a nurse, lives in wake forest and commutes to durham regional. There are also great hospitals in wake county:

wake med (big wake as the locals call it) located on new bern ave.
wake med cary (on tryon road in cary)
rex
raleigh community (which maybe now has duke in it someplace!)

and then there is also unc chapel hill

Leigh

Old 01-24-2007, 08:17 PM

106 posts, read 512,888 times
Thanks for your help on the facilities in the area i will check them out--
best regards all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary