Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Relocation to North Carolina, information on good school districts, best elementary schools, Wake County school district statistics, overcrowded public schools versus homeschooling options

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 04:42 AM

20 posts, read 46,951 times

Advertisements

OK. you all are making me nervous here...I am planning a move OUTOF MIAMI to get away from all these illegal immigrants who have taken over the city I have loved for 33 years!! If this is what NC is in for soon, I'll look elsewhere. I have a neighbor who, despite being here from Cuba for 5 years, has yet to learn English. She started a home health business which only caters to hispanics & she never seems to work, yet business must be great becasue she drives a mercedes SUV and is always having work done on her home. She has LOUD parties every weekend blasting spanish music right into my bedroom- so there goes my slepp- and her guests park all over my lawn & kill the grass, back into my newly planted palm trees, etc. IT IS HORRIBLE. I feel like a prisoner in my own home. I naively called the police on her for one party at 3 am...She threatened me & my family if I call again!!! You dont know who your neighbors are or what they are capable of & you live in fear here!! All becasue of these immigrants who have come in masses into Miami & taken over. That congressman was not kidding when he said Miami is a third world country....believe me we last few Americans down here fully agree with him & do not think he should have been critisized for apeaking the truth. I do not want to think I am prejudice, however, I am afraid if I do not move soon, they will cause me to become so & that scares me so I have to get out. It is like being in prison. NO ONE speaks English here anymore.
As for Legal immigrants... ALL of our families were legal immigrants. They came to this country many years ago through Ellis Island, were health screened (unlow now, where all these people bring us their foreign diseases!), interviewed, and properly documented....and they HAD to become citizens. They were told that they must now respect & homor this great country that has rescued them from the horrors they'd left behind. And you knwo what? They did, all of our families did! They pledge to OUR flag, not theirs, they sing OUR national anthem, they WORK, pay taxes, LEARNED the language, and as a result are respected for doing so & thus we welcomed them. In fact, had that not taken place, many of us would not be here today...including me. But today's immigrants are a different breed. They will not do any of that, they feel we should PAY THEM for being here ( & our government does!) , they have been here 5, 10, even 20 or more years without ever taken a citizenship test, they fly the flags of the countries they left behind & they are the first to complain about OUR COUNTRY. If they dont like it here, then why dont they all just return our tax dollars & get the heck out!! Becasue we make it too easy for them to stay & take advantage of us. Oh, yeah, and all the different nationalities hate each other. The cuban hate the puerto ricans, the venezuelans hate the dominicans, and everyone seems to hat the argentines. At least this is what I hear, I cannot verify proof because i am none of these, but I hear all their complaints about each other daily at home, work, & my children's school where PTA board member wont even talk to the others becasue of this! This is also why we have so many gangs...they come as a group & start to fight with the other groups!. All the gangs are labeled based on where they came from. It is so sad to see this happen to our country. Two words....JIMMY RICE. That poor boy didn't have a chance to grow up becasue a Cuban immigrant who had only been here 2 months ... illegally, kidnapped, raped, murdered, then mutilated his body & buried into cement filled containers. This is the scum we allowed into our great city & this is how he repaid the favor. Now the man wants to be re-tried & claims he's not-guilty...after already admitting it.
I'm sorry, I just am frustrated & these posts are scaring me that NC will be a new Miami..especially since everyone here says they are moving there! Please shed a positive light on this for me you guys, becasue I really love NC & think it would be a great place to raise a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 04:55 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,147,867 times
Default Best Schools in NC

Do you have a specific area in mind? The Chapel Hill schools are good.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:34 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,154,484 times
Default I agree but Wake isnt THAT bad!

I agree with everything you said but many wont because they are ethier scared of going against our government, not seen how bad it can(and will) get or they are too nice for todays problems. Wake county and NC are nowhere near that bad but I do see the problem increasing. Please not that this is a national issue so (and I have seen) this is occurring in many states, NY, NJ, CA, Texas and others. Our governenment caters to this and then acts as if they want to correct the problem, good cop / bad cop show. Yes speaking your mind about the illegal immigrants is starting to be considered wrong while jumping the border, being in a gang, not knowing how to says taxes nevermind pay them is OK. My wife is an immigrant and did everything by the books, but now she feels so taken advantage since she feels like she pays taxes to finance illegals! You can check my other posts for more of my thoughts. Americans are becoming a minority and once that is complete they will start to run our governments. Question is what do we do? We should probably start a seperate thread on this, I will but it might be in a differnent forum.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:54 PM

425 posts, read 1,256,747 times
Here's a useful link:

http://nc.localschooldirectory.com/index.php/cPath/34
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary