Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 AM

101 posts, read 246,650 times

Advertisements

My wife and I tried Char-Grill in Cary when we first moved here last fall based on many recommendations, and I cannot even describe how mediocre and tasteless the burgers were. Five Guys is vastly superior for a chain (though it's certainly no In 'n Out), and Cook Out, though perhaps of a lesser quality, at least has some taste. I really thought we were at the wrong place upon trying Char-Grill, tasted like something you would get out of a frozen box at summer camp. Dreadful.

Now, if we are talking best burger in the Triangle, thus far we have rated Federal, Bull City, Tribeca and Chuck's as our favorites, in no particular order. Open to other suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 07:46 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
For this thread, my vote goes to Cook Out, hands down. Char-grill is cool for the experience, but their burgers don't do it for me. CharGrill 1/3 pounder with cajun spice, sauteed onions and whatever else is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqyankee View Post
Now, if we are talking best burger in the Triangle, thus far we have rated Federal, Bull City, Tribeca and Chuck's as our favorites, in no particular order. Open to other suggestions!
I like Tribecca a lot, great burgers, but I like a more divey place. Bull City is OK burgers, but not my fave. Like the vibe.

Brewmasters in Raleigh has pretty good burgers.
Abby Road in Cary

And for something different, Corner Bar (hate the atmosphere) has pretty good burgers, served on a pretzl roll, but not to the quality of the others mentioned.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:56 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,928,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I do! Do you remember the church that used to be next door?
Yep...sure do. The Temple Beth Or. I park over there adjacent to the pick up window.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Yep...sure do. The Temple Beth Or. I park over there adjacent to the pick up window.
I park there, too!!!

Old 07-19-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqyankee View Post
My wife and I tried Char-Grill in Cary when we first moved here last fall based on many recommendations, and I cannot even describe how mediocre and tasteless the burgers were. Five Guys is vastly superior for a chain (though it's certainly no In 'n Out), and Cook Out, though perhaps of a lesser quality, at least has some taste. I really thought we were at the wrong place upon trying Char-Grill, tasted like something you would get out of a frozen box at summer camp. Dreadful.

Try the one on Hillsborough St.

The Cary one isn't anything to write home about.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:04 AM

Let me go on record here again. I will NEVER understand all the love for Five Guys.

Greasy!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:42 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,166,163 times
Quote:
Let me go on record here again. I will NEVER understand all the love for Five Guys.

Greasy!

Ditto that. I can't help but wonder about the people who claim it's the best burger. Been there 3 times, had 3 undercooked, extremely greasy burgers. Some of the worst burgers I've EVER had in my life, and probably the most expensive burger I've ever had. $12 for a burger fries and drink, in a "fast food setting", is absurd.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I park there, too!!!
Small world...be looking fer yer next time

Old 07-19-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Ditto that. I can't help but wonder about the people who claim it's the best burger. Been there 3 times, had 3 undercooked, extremely greasy burgers. Some of the worst burgers I've EVER had in my life, and probably the most expensive burger I've ever had. $12 for a burger fries and drink, in a "fast food setting", is absurd.
Same here...too greasy, and they give you enough french fries to kill a cow!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,166,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Same here...too greasy, and they give you enough french fries to kill a cow!

For $12 they ought too!

I never actually watched how they cook the burgers....are they deep fried? I'm not a fan of "rare cooked meat" but the three times I tried Five Guys, my burgers were rare enough that they started up conversations with me! And still had enough grease in them to cook a batch of fries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary