Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:47 AM

105 posts, read 295,400 times

Advertisements

Anybody here missed their hamburger or pizza point in the old state. Besides McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut or Dominos Pizza is there any good burger joint in the Triangle. I know there alot of CA, NY and NJ transplant in NC, where do you go for a nice Philly cheese steak sandwich or pastrami or a Polish dog and shakes and especially the big cut fries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 10:50 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,665,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenlife7 View Post
Anybody here missed their hamburger or pizza point in the old state. Besides McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut or Dominos Pizza is there any good burger joint in the Triangle. I know there alot of CA, NY and NJ transplant in NC, where do you go for a nice Philly cheese steak sandwich or pastrami or a Polish dog and shakes and especially the big cut fries?
Cook-Out (small local chain) for burgers and hot dogs (no polish sausage dogs). Great shakes.

Only cheese steak places I know are Andy's....small regional chain...they aren't bad.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,406,432 times
MoJo's Burger Joint at the corner of Glenwood and West Peace Street is considered a really good place by my meat-eating friends.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM

842 posts, read 3,229,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenlife7 View Post
The one burger joint that consistently ranks #1 in the area is Char-Grill. From a google search, there appears to be 4 of them in Raleigh....
618 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC
9601 Strickland Rd, Raleigh, NC
3211 Edwards Mill Rd, Raleigh, NC (This is the one I usually frequent)
4621 Atlantic Ave, Raleigh, NC

Old 01-26-2007, 01:26 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
I second Char-Grill. Strickland Rd. is the one I frequent. Don't forget those awesome fries.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:37 PM

325 posts, read 1,408,187 times
All of these places mentioned have great burgers. Cook-Out has the best milkshakes around, with flavors you'd never imagine. Andy's signature beverage are orangeade's, and they are very delicious as well. This my opinion of course! But don't listen to me, go try them for yourself!

If you're ever down on the south side of Wilson try The Creamery and/or Burger Boy both on Ward Blvd basically within sight of each other. Best non-BBQ food in town. Virtually everything on the menu is excellent at either place. Both have been around 40+ years, so they're doing something right.

This thread is making me hungry!!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:43 PM

842 posts, read 3,229,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu99 View Post
All of these places mentioned have great burgers. Cook-Out has the best milkshakes around, with flavors you'd never imagine. Andy's signature beverage are orangeade's, and they are very delicious as well. This my opinion of course! But don't listen to me, go try them for yourself!

If you're ever down on the south side of Wilson try The Creamery and/or Burger Boy both on Ward Blvd basically within sight of each other. Best non-BBQ food in town. Virtually everything on the menu is excellent at either place. Both have been around 40+ years, so they're doing something right.

This thread is making me hungry!!
Yes...me too!

In a related topic, does anyone know the best place to have a coronary heart bypass?

Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM

325 posts, read 1,408,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
Yes...me too!

In a related topic, does anyone know the best place to have a coronary heart bypass?
Hahahahaha!! I guess WakeMed has been the beneficiary of some of these burger joints!

Old 01-26-2007, 08:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Red Robin (which is a chain) has some pretty good burgers. So does "Cheeburger cheeburger". They also have home made fries and onion rings...you can get an order mixed. They call it frings! Tums, anyone?

As for Char grill, the one downtown is the original and although the one on Strickland Road is my favorite, the one downtown just seems to taste better! Must be cuz the grill is greasier???

Vicki

Old 01-26-2007, 09:03 PM

17 posts, read 88,190 times
As a relocated New Jersey - ite, my vote for the burger is Backyard Burger on Leesville in Raleigh. It's all I wanted during both of my pregnancies. As for shakes, Cheeburger, Cheeburger. They have over 300 kinds if not more. I've been here for a decade now and still can't find a really good Italian deli. There's one downtown, but they don't make sandwiches on the weekend, which is a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary