Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2008, 09:47 AM

532 posts, read 2,845,216 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at VCA Durant Animal Hospital and Falls Pointe Animal Hospital for my senior dog's health/dental (no boarding). Both are nearby and I've received one recommendation for each from my neighbors. There are one or two mentions about Durant here on CD, but nothing about Falls Pointe.

Please share your opinions or experiences...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 11:27 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
We used Durant for a couple of years, but then had a couple of bad experiences with them. Switched to Falls Pointe and couldn't have been happier. Our dog received great care there and got quite excited about going, actually. We even used their doggy day care some while our house was listed and it worked out well. There were a couple of issues there, but both were minor and handled very professionally by the staff.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:40 AM

249 posts, read 692,069 times
We use Falls Pointe and my feelings are mixed. I do think they take good care of animals, but I also feel that they like to push unnecessary treatments on our animals. Also, I just get a weird vibe from the main vet and I have had to wait in the exam room for way too long on a few occasions. While I really don't have any other places to compare it to, I feel like the prices seem a bit high. We are moving and I really won't miss Falls Pointe.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:13 PM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanvald View Post
We use Falls Pointe and my feelings are mixed. I do think they take good care of animals, but I also feel that they like to push unnecessary treatments on our animals. Also, I just get a weird vibe from the main vet and I have had to wait in the exam room for way too long on a few occasions. While I really don't have any other places to compare it to, I feel like the prices seem a bit high. We are moving and I really won't miss Falls Pointe.
Just about every vet I've ever been to does that pushing of unnecessary treatments, and its becoming more of a standard practice I think. Its not unlike going to the dentist or the chiropractor or the dermatologist. Creating demand for unnecessary goods or services at high prices is the quickest way to a fortune.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 PM

36 posts, read 380,561 times
We use Falls Pointe- yeah, maybe they push things like dental treatments and stuff, but you can tell that they are staffed by animal lovers and they do a good job. We go for basic care and boarding occasionally and couldn't be happier.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:21 PM

532 posts, read 2,845,216 times
Default Thanks for sharing your experiences

Juanvald, mdp_az, and mariliz, thank you for sharing your experiences.

I know what you mean when you mention the pushing of products and services. Our 12 year old dog was like a small child taken to the vet for minor sniffles. Both my husband and I can recall from our childhoods that our family pets rarely, if ever, went to the vet and they did just fine.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:35 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,625 times
Default We've used both

We live off of Durant and have used both. We used to go to Falls Pointe, but they were closed one evening around 8 PM when we had a minor emergency and Durant Rd. VCA was open. We saw Dr. McCaskill and immediately switched. Durant Rd. wasn't bad, and we had even used them for boarding once, but their prices were higher and the vet was different each time. It wasn't really a personalized service. We are extremely happy with Durant Rd. and Dr. McCaskill in particular. He always remembers us and all of our pets and has seen us through a few illnesses, two emergencies, and the loss of one pet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary