Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 11:50 AM

5 posts, read 10,106 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am the mom of 4 boys. My husband and I relocating to Hillsborough ASAP from CA. We've been working to move for a year. We looked around CH, but can't afford to rent or buy what we want. We really like Hillsborough just from a cursory look. Hoping we made the right choice!
Our boys are busy boys, so we need to find a scout troop and 4H group. Any ideas? Also, any other advice for a family moving into the town. We are excited! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 12:48 PM

551 posts, read 2,286,915 times
Local Boy Scout Council:

Occoneechee Council BSA - Official Web Site (http://www.ocscouts.org/home.html - broken link)

Link to contact for Orange County 4-H:
Orange County*Center: Youth & 4-H

Good Luck!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM

Default thanks

Thanks for the info!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Any other specific info you are looking for?

Sports? School info? Other activities?

I currently live in Hillsborough and think it is an excellent town to raise a family.

Welcome!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
Bluedevilz, for some reason, I thought you lived in Durham!

Do you have kids? If so, how are the schools?

Old 08-28-2008, 05:25 AM

Thanks, Bluedevilz! They are registered and have started schools. The staffs at both schools have been amazingly wonderful! The boys saw the Triangle Sportsplex. Does anyone have a membership? Is it a good place to go?
Any ideas for day trips around or fun things to do would be great. Also, where's the best shopping?

Thanks!

Old 08-28-2008, 05:42 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,387 times
I lived in Chapel Hill, but if I'd seen Hillsborough before buying in Chapel Hill, I probably would have lived there. I love Hillsborough!! I think it's the best spot around I know several people who have children is school there and they all love it.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:38 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandboys View Post
Also, where's the best shopping?
What sort of shopping are you looking for?

For groceries, the options are certainly getting better. Not long ago your choices were Food Lion or Wal Mart and that was it. Now you also have Weaver Street Market, which is small but has many more upscale offerings. I'm also fond of the little shop for Maple View Farms that's in the Wal Mart shopping center. You can get local milk, ice cream, butter, eggs, and meat there.

If you want to do any shopping other than what you'll find in the little shops on Churton Street, you'll have to go to Durham or Chapel Hill. I found that I went to Southpoint fairly often when I lived in Hillsborough. Just get on I-40 & you'll be there in about 30 minutes.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:23 PM

I was hoping for a shopping mall. I do like the Weaver Street market! I have been out to the actual Maple View Farm, but not the shop near Wal Mart. I will have to check it out. Thanks!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:13 PM

37 posts, read 91,029 times
Just checking in to see how life in Hillsborough is going. We are planning to move our family of 6 there soon (we have 3 boys and just had a girl) and I wanted to see what you thought. Did you get a membership at the Sportsplex? And what are your thoughts on the schools so far? Which elementary are you at?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary