Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 08:25 PM

18 posts, read 96,583 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from Delaware over the next 6 weeks and I am looking for some information on daycare centers/preschools. My husband has taken a job with the State, based out of Raleigh. I am interviewing at Duke. We have a 3 year old we need to find a good daycare for, ideally in the Northwest area of Raleigh. With both my husband and I working full-time, we need a "full-day" center that can accomodate our schedules, with a likely 8:00 a.m. drop off and 5:00 p.m. pick-up. I would great appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 08:01 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
There are plenty of options in NW Raleigh, although which is more convenient will depend on exactly where you live, and who will be dropping of your child and who will be picking the child up.

We take our 3.5 year old son to Primrose School of Hilburn. and couldn't be happier. We also looked at the Goddard School located at Brier Creek - it was also very nice, but we preferred the atmosphere at Primrose.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 AM

551 posts, read 2,286,915 times
You can search for information on daycare and preschool ratings here:
NC Div of Child Development- Searching Resources in Child Care

You can search by zipcode to find ones in the area where you live/work!

Old 08-15-2008, 08:07 AM

635 posts, read 1,616,589 times
I would highly recommend that you join trianglemommies.com. It's a great place to get daycare recommendations, meet other moms in the area, find out about family friendly places, events, etc. They have a number of different forums, including one for moms who work, and that's probably the best place to get daycare info.

We are very pleased with our Day Care Center in downtown Durham and have families there from Raleigh, but naturally those have at least one parent who works in Durham/at Duke. If you get the Duke job, it could potentially work for you. Thy have openings in the 3 year old room right now. Feel feel to direct message me for more info and best of luck with your interview!

Old 08-16-2008, 12:18 PM

18 posts, read 96,583 times
Thanks for all of your responses. I definitely plan to join the trianglemommies.com site as I've heard good things about it. Thanks again everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary