U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-19-2008, 08:21 AM

259 posts, read 623,093 times

Advertisements

Is anybody aware of any apartments for seniors over the age of 55 or maybe here in the Raleigh it would be over age 62 (healthy working adults, not for those in need of assistance.) In the 3 other states I have lived in each town had a place for seniors where they would pay 30% of their earnings toward the monthly rental fee. I checked Rent.com and some over sites and tried a Google search, but could not find anything in Raleigh. Where would you suggest I try to find this information? Thank you for any suggestions.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 AM

8,081 posts, read 10,593,488 times
Capital Towers on Six Forks Rd. and Glenwood Towers on Glenwood Ave. are "senior apartments", but I don't know a thing about their policies, rent, etc. There are probably others as well.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 AM

286 posts, read 373,629 times
What about a small first floor condo? whistles and rocks on feet These days the mortgage would, depending on the down payment, be about equal to rent and there would never be any fears of rent increase.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:51 AM

47 posts, read 113,259 times
I dont know much about it, but you might also check out Wakefield Manor which is off of Capital Blvd. Im not even sure if they are open yet (they should be very soon if they arent already).

If you prefer to be more downtown, check out Chavis Heights which is near Chavis Park off of MLK.

I don't know much about either one...but that might be a start for you. I do know that the management co for Wakefield Manor is CMC, and I think they have other senior communities around.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:50 AM

Try NCHousingsearch.org and Raleigh Housing Authority. Some of these places are for age 55, or 62 and older. Often the rent is based on a sliding scale depending on your income. Please let us know if you find something using these websites, or other websites. If I fortunate to find employment I'm going to consider one of these apartments. Most have a waiting list of a few short months to a year. I applied to one of them that looked very nice and it's brand new, but the waiting list is one year. I'm still going to complete the application once I receive it.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:02 PM

Silly me, my last reply was to my own thread. I just read the thread topic and thought I was responding to someone else's thread who had the same concerns. Since I posted this original thread I was able to find some resourses. Well, at least the information is there if someone needs it. Next time I'll be sure to read the complete thread. :-)

Old 08-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Default Apartment vs buy a Condo

Can't find a job so therefore buying a place of my own, which were my intentions is completely out of the question. Thanks anyway for responsing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
What about a small first floor condo? whistles and rocks on feet These days the mortgage would, depending on the down payment, be about equal to rent and there would never be any fears of rent increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary