U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:08 PM

6 posts, read 16,228 times
Default I still don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinatrendsetter View Post
Wake county's weird experiment have has strange results. Mainly the highest rated large school system in the south behind Austin, TX and the superintendent won back in 2005 for the whole nation. Strange as it is you really can't go wrong with whatever school your child is assigned too.
Highly rated? The SAT scores are better than they used to be in NC, but nationally they still are not all that good. Academic studies show consistently that re-districting is a poor choice vs improving the quality of schools. How can you say any school is good when the NC ABC scores show otherwise for many schools (confirmed by several discussions with the Wake County test people)?

I am looking for some valid reason to see how this is a good place for my kids. If a school has a NC ABC test score of 70 and "below expected growth" do you really think this is a good school?

Please help me understand this system. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperdad View Post
Re Wake Forest homes, can anyone specifically also comment on Greycliff and Hillcrest Farms? For comparison, we like the homes in Covington Ridge and Mangum Dairy Farms, but these subdivisions are too new and too remote for us.

How do Greycliff and Hillcrest Farms compare to these?

Thanks for your help.
I was just out at Hillcrest Farms. It looks like it will be a great neighborhood but I agree that there are not enough trees. We pulled our kids from the public school and went private so that is not an issue. We just need to stay reasonably close to their school since we now drive them. I have 4 kids too and want more property than we have now.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 PM

2,828 posts, read 7,742,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemarie View Post
I was just out at Hillcrest Farms. It looks like it will be a great neighborhood but I agree that there are not enough trees. We pulled our kids from the public school and went private so that is not an issue. We just need to stay reasonably close to their school since we now drive them. I have 4 kids too and want more property than we have now.
I live near hillcrest farms and I was shocked when the family that owns that farm sold the land and plop on went these beautiful homes with NO trees. I guess the second street backs up to some nice trees (and hasentress golf course) but still, the whole house in a field thing threw me.

Have you looked at sutherland? It is a past covington ridge, then woodlief, then new light. Great neighborhood. What about crescent ridge, same location and nice wooded lots.

might be worth the drive
Leigh

Old 04-17-2007, 01:43 PM
gen

39 posts, read 160,816 times
How about Covington Ridge? New homes that start in the $400s, and I believe their houses are around 3000 square feet. Looks like a nice, quiet neighborhood with wooded lots. Basement houses should be available there.

(Off of Purnell Road and Stony Hill Road)

Old 04-17-2007, 01:52 PM

634 posts, read 1,636,778 times
question for us not quite wealthy enough to buy in the $300-$400K range. This will be our first home and we would like to be around $160K-$190K. Where (if at all) would we find neighborhoods in the Wake Forest/North Raleigh area?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2007, 01:58 PM
gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksweetie View Post
question for us not quite wealthy enough to buy in the $300-$400K range. This will be our first home and we would like to be around $160K-$190K. Where (if at all) would we find neighborhoods in the Wake Forest/North Raleigh area?

Thanks
How about Bedford (Carolina Cottages from 180s)? http://trianglenewhomes.com/comminfo.aspx?ind=BED

Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 PM
gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
I live in covington ridge, and hillcrest farms is just being built (no one lives there yet) and it about 3 miles from covington. I haven't been in any of the homes in hillcrest yet, the only thing I didn't like about the development is there are no trees unless you have a lot that is on the second culdesac.
Leigh, how do you like living in Covington Ridge?

Old 04-17-2007, 02:00 PM

634 posts, read 1,636,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
How about Bedford (Carolina Cottages from 180s)? http://trianglenewhomes.com/comminfo.aspx?ind=BED
Thanks!!! I will check it out

Old 04-17-2007, 02:03 PM

2,828 posts, read 7,742,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
How about Covington Ridge? New homes that start in the $400s, and I believe their houses are around 3000 square feet. Looks like a nice, quiet neighborhood with wooded lots. Basement houses should be available there.

(Off of Purnell Road and Stony Hill Road)
I live in covington ridge, and the home (now) are closer to the 450-500 range. I don't think there is one under 450, which is a big change since we moved in 2 years ago! The neighborhood is quiet, lots of trees, people seem to get along but we don't have neighborhood activities every weekend! Our phase two is covington crest, there may be more homes for sale in that phase, they are about a mile from us. They are individual well and septic, we are on community well and individual septic.

It is a nice place to live because we are "in the country" but about 6 miles from target, the grocery store, etc.

leigh

Old 04-29-2007, 06:58 PM

3 posts, read 5,935 times
Question Septic Tank

Hi we are moving to NC from Los Angeles. I'd like a lot with lots of trees. Most heavlily wooded lots seem to be in subdivisions with septic tanks, that makes me nervous, any feedback.

Onliest1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary