U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-09-2008, 03:53 PM

11 posts, read 25,872 times
Default how is stonecrest?

I am in house hunting process. Any opinion on stonecrest community?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 04:31 PM

3,238 posts, read 5,829,957 times
Stone Crest is very nice - very nice homes, great/convenient location. Very close to where I live.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:50 PM

2,828 posts, read 7,742,151 times
When we were initially moving out of southern cary (ten ten road area) we looked at stonecrest (this was about 4 years ago) and they were just in the building stage, without any homeowners living there yet. We liked the homes, (at least the ones that were built!), felt like they had some really upgraded features, and the price was very good. Ultimately, for us, the size of the houses in contrast to the size of the lots didn't mesh. We were coming from a lot that was .35, in a smaller house. Although the commute was okay (8 miles) my hubby drove over there in the morning about 3 times to "test" the commute and although it only took 20 minutes, it was bumper to bumper, which makes him crazy. So, we picked wake forest, where we have an acre of land, and it takes him 30 minutes to get to work but he doesn't have traffic, which is a huge plus.

Good luck!

Leigh

Old 09-09-2008, 05:42 PM

Thank you guys for your input.

I just heard there is a cell phone tower inside the commuity. Does anybody know where exactly it is?

What is your opinion on the cell phone tower?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 PM

18,938 posts, read 28,315,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswunc View Post
Thank you guys for your input.

I just heard there is a cell phone tower inside the commuity. Does anybody know where exactly it is?

What is your opinion on the cell phone tower?
The cell phone tower is in the center of the neighborhood, with houses on approximately three sides.

Just below the pointer in this Google map.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 PM

Thanks a lot. It really helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The cell phone tower is in the center of the neighborhood, with houses on approximately three sides.

Just below the pointer in this Google map.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:56 PM

238 posts, read 522,176 times
Default Stonecrest

I live near there too. The houses themselves are very attractive. There's one for sale now that has really nice features for the price!

The location is fantastic for commuting anywhere. The area keeps growing and adding new amenities. The commute to RTP can be a ***** though, depending on time of day. When there isn't any traffic, it's less than 20 min.

I walk and drive around this part of Cary all the time. What turns me off about Stonecrest is that it feels like a ghost town. The houses themselves are pretty, but I think the small lots deter people from ever hanging out outside. I never see any other signs of life either (kids, dog walking, etc.) except maybe people in their garage carrying in their groceries. I also don't like the cell phone tower... what a shame that there wasn't another place to put that!

Personally, I would look also at Brookstone and at Wellsley. But if you spend a lot of time inside, it looks like these homes at Stonecrest are absolutely beautiful.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:41 AM

3,238 posts, read 5,829,957 times
Agree about looking at other communities nearby as well. Wellsley is lovely, so is West Park which is right around the corner on Rt 55. Both are established neighborhoods, loads of trees with greenways nearby.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 AM

238 posts, read 522,176 times
West Park is really pretty, you are right. However, I would pass on that for the following reasons (2 observations, 1 rumor):

1. The pool is lousy!
2. Kroger on 55 went out of business. What is going to go in there? It was great to have that store to walk to.
3. I remember earlier city-data postings about some horrible HOA members in West Park. I wouldn't want to deal with that.

On the plus side, the landscaping is gorgeous, and there's great greenway action running through the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary