U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-11-2008, 07:46 PM

7 posts, read 12,285 times
Question Any information on the apartments listed?

Hello all,

Me and my boyfriend are relocating to the Raleigh area and we have come up with a list of apartments that we think are decent for the price and from the reviews on apartmentratings.com. I am looking for some more info to see if anyone else has any other reviews on here about these apartments listed.

Cary

• The Grove At Cary Park
  • Hidden Oaks
  • Brampton Moors

Morrisville

• The Marquis On Cary Park

Durham

• Azalea Park
  • Carriage House
  • Carver Pond
  • Pine Ridge
  • Croasdaile

Garner

• Greenbrier

Raleigh

• Chandler Ridge
  • Cumberland Cove
  • Overlooke At Simms Creek
  • Brookhill
  • Regatta At Lake Lynn
  • Sumter Square
  • Trinity Park
  • North Ridge Crossings
Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 PM

9,052 posts, read 18,092,867 times
I have a friend who had an apartment at the Regatta at Lake Lynn. Nice apartments and a very nice location in North Raleigh. They only left becasue they purchased a house. I don't know what part of the Triangle you need to be in since you've listed apartments from all over, but if North Raleigh is where you need to be, the Regatta would be a great choice.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I don't know what part of the Triangle you need to be in since you've listed apartments from all over, but if North Raleigh is where you need to be, the Regatta would be a great choice.
All the areas listed are fine. As long as they are not to far away from RTP. Closer is always better, but cost, creditability and dependability are also important.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:22 PM

178 posts, read 314,628 times
We relocated from Los Angeles to Cary last December. We thought we knew (and were leaving) traffic. Due to the explosive growth in this area (and yes, we contributed two more cars to the mix), you need to seriously understand what route you will be able to take to work. My commute from Cary (down by Apex) to RTP is a measly 11 miles, but I have three options:
1 lane road
2 lane road and
driving out of the way and doubling back on a highway.
All these routes are chock full of commuters too. If I leave at the wrong time, it can take 45-55 minutes to get to work in the morning and same for the drive home. If you have flexibilty in your work day then you can play with the commute times to figure out what works best for you. I know that I need to leave before 7am (especially now that the school buses are on the road in full force) or after 8:45am. If I leave between 7-8:45am, I can expect the 45-55 minute drive...did I mention for 11 miles?

Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 PM

286 posts, read 680,503 times
The marquis on cary park doesnt seem like a great deal to me. The apartments are nice but they are kind of small. Its also not the best location for a commute to rtp

Old 09-12-2008, 06:56 AM

107 posts, read 314,777 times
You might look at the Oaks at Weston. It's just down the street from the Marquis on Cary Parkway (don't get how this isn't a good location for commute to RTP.. seems like it would be a lot better than a commute from Garner, most of Raleigh, most of Cary). Be sure to contact apartment offices directly for discounts. One never, it seems, need pay the prices that are listed online.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 AM

8,395 posts, read 15,186,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCam21KKur22 View Post
Hello all,

Me and my boyfriend are relocating to the Raleigh area and we have come up with a list of apartments that we think are decent for the price and from the reviews on apartmentratings.com. I am looking for some more info to see if anyone else has any other reviews on here about these apartments listed.

Cary

• The Grove At Cary Park
  • Hidden Oaks
  • Brampton Moors

Morrisville

• The Marquis On Cary Park

Durham

• Azalea Park
  • Carriage House
  • Carver Pond
  • Pine Ridge
  • Croasdaile

Garner

• Greenbrier

Raleigh

• Chandler Ridge
  • Cumberland Cove
  • Overlooke At Simms Creek
  • Brookhill
  • Regatta At Lake Lynn
  • Sumter Square
  • Trinity Park
  • North Ridge Crossings
Thanks!
Sumter was run down 20 years ago and is not a prime pick.

I've lived in Northridge Crossings 4 years and highly recommend it.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMEW View Post
One never, it seems, need pay the prices that are listed online.
LOL I have found this out! Thank You!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Sumter was run down 20 years ago and is not a prime pick.

I've lived in Northridge Crossings 4 years and highly recommend it.
Thanks! Northridge seems like a pretty nice place... How is crime there? (I know it is all over the place but, is Northridge a targeted complex?) Parking?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM

8,395 posts, read 15,186,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCam21KKur22 View Post
Thanks! Northridge seems like a pretty nice place... How is crime there? (I know it is all over the place but, is Northridge a targeted complex?) Parking?
I'm Neighborhood Watch captain and we've not had a meeting in 2 years. Virtually no crime.

Each unit has an alarm. You can get monitoring for a one time fee of $15.

High pressure sodium halide streetlights make the place look as bright as a Manhattan street.

Decent parking availability. We've never had to issue permits. No designated parking.

Great maintenance and friendly office staff. Clean pool.

Come by anytime day or night. You might find me in the fitness center between 4-6 AM.

Rents are reasonable and large square footage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary