Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 PM

156 posts, read 920,292 times

Advertisements

I am thinking I made a big mistake moving to Wilmington.. I have no friends and do not see any single people here.. Does anybody know if North Raleigh or Cary would be a good place to start over? I know the job market must be better because it is terrible here..Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 02:57 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,282 times
Someone just posted this about the job market. Hopefully it can make you feel better about a move here.

Another top 2 for Raleigh

Old 09-12-2008, 02:59 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIA.1 View Post
I am thinking I made a big mistake moving to Wilmington.. I have no friends and do not see any single people here.. Does anybody know if North Raleigh or Cary would be a good place to start over? I know the job market must be better because it is terrible here..Thanks

Victoria,

I recall your posts about wanting to move to Raleigh a while back. What is your motivation for coming to NC? What types of things do you like to do? What kind of work are you looking for?

It is hard to tell you what place might be a good fit for you without knowing a little more about what your likes and dislikes are.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Victoria,

I recall your posts about wanting to move to Raleigh a while back. What is your motivation for coming to NC? What types of things do you like to do? What kind of work are you looking for?

It is hard to tell you what place might be a good fit for you without knowing a little more about what your likes and dislikes are.
Hey N R G.. and thanks for remembering me..I always appreciate your pictures and opted for Wilmington because I had some family.. It just is becoming desolate..8 mos here so far from LI NY...
I am not looking to live in the middle of a city, I prefer to live in an upscale mall/restaurant area..As crime free of course..I am not snobby, just like nice malls really close and nice restaurants that have some night entertainment for someone of my age..47.. Lounges, etc...Theater maybe once in a while..
I don't want to have to drive more then 10 minutes to anything.. LOL.. Trees Please with that order.. LOL a hill or two if you have it..LOL.. I hear the nicest Mall is called the Crabtree??

My work was in finance sales, very stressful for 25 years.. I really just want an average bank job or office job at this time in my life... Nothing fancy and I know not hi-paying, but I would appreciate the time off on the week-ends...

I went to apartment.com and punched in North Raleigh and Cary and came up with some beautiful apartments..

Any thoughts for me?? And thanks to charlton for the link!! Very interesting..
I live in Maiyfair here in Wilmington.. Upscale, near Wrightsville beach, but no venues unless your 20 for live music or are married.. No singles to meet..
The outside mall is great,I can walk to it and dine by the water in 5 min.. But doing it alone is getting to me...

Thanks everybody!!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIA.1 View Post
Hey N R G.. and thanks for remembering me..I always appreciate your pictures and opted for Wilmington because I had some family.. It just is becoming desolate..8 mos here so far from LI NY...
I am not looking to live in the middle of a city, I prefer to live in an upscale mall/restaurant area..As crime free of course..I am not snobby, just like nice malls really close and nice restaurants that have some night entertainment for someone of my age..47.. Lounges, etc...Theater maybe once in a while..
I don't want to have to drive more then 10 minutes to anything.. LOL.. Trees Please with that order.. LOL a hill or two if you have it..LOL.. I hear the nicest Mall is called the Crabtree??

My work was in finance sales, very stressful for 25 years.. I really just want an average bank job or office job at this time in my life... Nothing fancy and I know not hi-paying, but I would appreciate the time off on the week-ends...

I went to apartment.com and punched in North Raleigh and Cary and came up with some beautiful apartments..

Any thoughts for me?? And thanks to charlton for the link!! Very interesting..
I live in Maiyfair here in Wilmington.. Upscale, near Wrightsville beach, but no venues unless your 20 for live music or are married.. No singles to meet..
The outside mall is great,I can walk to it and dine by the water in 5 min.. But doing it alone is getting to me...

Thanks everybody!!
From what you describe as your perfect location, it sounds to me like you'd do really well at North Hills. It's an upscale close-in suburban environment that focuses on a newly re-envisioned shopping area that went from being an indoor mall to a mixed use outdoor project. In addition to some chains and boutique shopping, the area has a 14 screen movie theater, some upscale and casual restaurants and services. It's also near Crabtree and just a few miles north of Downtown. Some of Raleigh's nicest neighborhoods are are adjacent to North Hills and it's easily accessible to the rest of Raleigh and the Triangle via I-440. Check it out. I think you'll find it to be just right.
North Hills - Midtown Raleigh, NC - Shopping, Dining, Office, Residential
BTW, I am 46 and single. I don't have any problems being single in the Raleigh area.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:25 PM

920 posts, read 2,813,267 times
Glad to hear of other 40-something singles in Raleigh. I'm also 46 and single.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:41 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suncat View Post
Glad to hear of other 40-something singles in Raleigh. I'm also 46 and single.
...and I was also born in Oregon.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 AM

920 posts, read 2,813,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
...and I was also born in Oregon.
Oh my! At least I was born in California, so we can safely say we're not twins separated at birth.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
From what you describe as your perfect location, it sounds to me like you'd do really well at North Hills. It's an upscale close-in suburban environment that focuses on a newly re-envisioned shopping area that went from being an indoor mall to a mixed use outdoor project. In addition to some chains and boutique shopping, the area has a 14 screen movie theater, some upscale and casual restaurants and services. It's also near Crabtree and just a few miles north of Downtown. Some of Raleigh's nicest neighborhoods are are adjacent to North Hills and it's easily accessible to the rest of Raleigh and the Triangle via I-440. Check it out. I think you'll find it to be just right.
North Hills - Midtown Raleigh, NC - Shopping, Dining, Office, Residential
BTW, I am 46 and single. I don't have any problems being single in the Raleigh area.
Thanks you so much!!! It does look like what I am looking for...I am going to take a drive and see and also call the apartments listed...I love this forum!! Saves me a lot of money at the shrink!! LOL.. ( Just kidding!!!)~~ Thanks again everybody!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 01:52 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,396,282 times
I think somewhere around Brier Creek in Raleigh may be a good spot for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary