U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-15-2008, 08:28 AM

40 posts, read 98,895 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any local window companies that sell/install soundproof windows? Does anyone actually HAVE soundproof windows in their home? We're having some problems with the neighbors dogs barking in the middle of the night (not always, but when they do it's annoying), and are looking at different solutions.

Thanks,
Eric
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 AM

3,155 posts, read 6,969,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericv View Post
Does anyone know of any local window companies that sell/install soundproof windows? Does anyone actually HAVE soundproof windows in their home? We're having some problems with the neighbors dogs barking in the middle of the night (not always, but when they do it's annoying), and are looking at different solutions.

Thanks,
Eric
We put sound proof windows in our first home in Portland to block out some of the city noises. (We lived near a train yard). But I would not have gone to the expense of sound proofing just for a neighbor's dog. Is there a Department of Nuisance in your city. Most cities have ordiances and if the neighbor does not comply they city gets involved. BTW, we had a noise neighbor dog in Portland and after a few complaints the neighbor put one of those shock collars on the dog. It worked like a charm.

Good luck! A good night's sleep is so important!! I hope you get one soon!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 AM

8,600 posts, read 15,752,674 times
Call animal control and save money.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 AM

40 posts, read 98,895 times
Thanks! Well, we found a few decently reviewed dog (anti) barking machines we're going to try first. It's cheap and if it don't work we will just return it.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:16 AM

563 posts, read 1,080,818 times
Here is a site you may want to check out.
Everything there is to know about chronic barking & how to stop it

Old 09-15-2008, 03:41 PM

102 posts, read 342,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
We put sound proof windows in our first home in Portland to block out some of the city noises. (We lived near a train yard). But I would not have gone to the expense of sound proofing just for a neighbor's dog. Is there a Department of Nuisance in your city. Most cities have ordiances and if the neighbor does not comply they city gets involved. BTW, we had a noise neighbor dog in Portland and after a few complaints the neighbor put one of those shock collars on the dog. It worked like a charm.

Good luck! A good night's sleep is so important!! I hope you get one soon!
I wish my neighbor would take better care of his dog. He keeps the poor dog in one of those chain link kennels for 3 days at a time while he's gone at work and it barks constantly. I think it's CRUEL! I guess I would bark if I was locked up too?! We let him know suddenly about the barking, didn't help...The neglect of the dog bothers me more than the barking.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 6,255 times
Geez, a dog in a kennel all the time? Call animal control or the humane society..

Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,030,958 times
This is one of my biggest fears about relocating anywhere! I suffer from chronic insomnia and feel lucky if I get 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night, so when I get woken up by barking dogs, it's very annoying. I'm going through that problem now.

I've tried just about everything, and my only suggestion is to file a complaint. A long time ago I tried the soundproofing approach and it doesn't always work. Unfortunately, if your neighbors find out you complained and they are vindictive, you might have even more trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrober View Post
Geez, a dog in a kennel all the time? Call animal control or the humane society..
Unfortunately, if a dog has food & shelter, it's probably not illegal to keep a dog in a kennel if it is in good health. At least it's not too cold in Raleigh. Up north people often keep their animals outside when the temperature drops below freezing. You'd have to check the laws. Many things people do to their pets are horribly cruel IMO but not against the law.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:55 PM

172 posts, read 337,839 times
Give your neighbor a shock collar for christmas.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:11 PM
.-.

157 posts, read 248,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHJohn View Post
Give your neighbor a shock collar for christmas.
IMO, To be put around his own neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary