Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 AM

38 posts, read 131,597 times

Advertisements

Hello! I'm wondering if there is anywhere an adult who has just gotten interested in soccer can learn the basics of the game? I've been searching but unable to find anything that seems like it would work for older beginners.

If there isn't something already going for this type of activity I'd love to get a group of beginners together with someone to lead/instruct/coach us. If you would be interested let me know. If there is enough interest I will work to put this together.

I really hope I'm not the only one who missed out on soccer when younger who wants to get in on the fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 02:10 PM

285 posts, read 836,449 times
What do you want to know? Being English - I understand how a "proper" sport works - not like where you have time out's every other minute, and the clock stops all the time!!

Sorry - couldnt resist

Old 09-19-2008, 03:27 PM

185 posts, read 575,727 times
Also can't resist..........I think English folks would be perfect to teach beginners, when you are looking to move onto more advanced lessons ask someone from elsewhere in Europe or Ireland. When you wish to learn something other than how to kick the opposition and play the long ball!
Wooohooo

Old 09-19-2008, 04:34 PM

569 posts, read 1,978,219 times
The Triangle Adult Soccer League has a lot of different divisions based on age and ability. It has been years since I was involved, but they have a coed division for beginners and recreational players.

http://www.tasl.us/
http://www.tasl.us/documents/FAQ's.pdf (broken link)

PS Found this site for a Raleigh pickup group if you were looking for something less formal than a league. Don't know anything about it.
http://pickupsoccer.meetup.com/205/

Last edited by jeffs555; 09-19-2008 at 05:01 PM..

Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 AM

38 posts, read 131,597 times
Thanks for the links! If anyone hears of anything else for the beginning adult soccer player I'd love to hear about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary