Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:37 PM

189 posts, read 797,195 times

Advertisements

Any other information you can offer about Flowers and Broadmoor as far as the surrounding area. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,693,941 times
I know someone who works for DR Horton and I heard they are going to be opening a new neighborhood right down the road from Flowers Plantation. If you are interested in getting more information, PM me and I can give you a phone number.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM

139 posts, read 550,660 times
What kind of info do you want pad3? I will live in Flowers soon and also looked at houses in Broadmoor. The surroundings of both of these areas is nice-Broadmoor is in the 40/42 (west) area and Flowers more in east Clayton.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:01 PM

35 posts, read 115,555 times
I've been in Broadmoor for 4 years now and it's a GREAT community!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM

189 posts, read 797,195 times
We are thinking of visiting over the long weekend and want to focus in the Flowers and Broadmoor s/d. Any suggestions on where to start? hotels, etc.
Thanks

Old 05-21-2007, 09:30 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad3 View Post
We are thinking of visiting over the long weekend and want to focus in the Flowers and Broadmoor s/d. Any suggestions on where to start? hotels, etc.
Thanks
I'm sure some folks living over by Broadmoor can help with where to stay over there. I don't know if you do B&Bs but there's a nice looking one right near "Clayton proper"...or Main Street. I've never stayed there but it looks beautiful.

http://www.morning-glory-inn.com/

I can give you directions to the Flowers Plantation visitors center from the B&B. If you need it...and directions to the Broadmoor. Keep in mind that some of the newer streets won't be on mapquest yet and some of the online map sites have some major roads WRONG in the eastern Clayton area (near Flowers).

Don't forget to stop for some really good coffee at The Coffee Mill in Clayton (on South Lombard right off of Main Street).

Lauren

Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 AM

214 posts, read 701,892 times
There is a Holiday Inn Express in Clayton/Garner (exit 312 off I 40). That is on the Broadmoor side of Clayton. No hotels on the other side yet (just the B&B which I know nothing about). They are building a hotel on 70. Broadmoor was one of the developments we considered but ultimately decided to live on the side clsoer to 70. Just preference.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 AM

214 posts, read 663,809 times
I do like the homes in Broadmoor. One thing to consider, though, is the distance from the 40/42 exit and the congestion of the 40/42 exit once you get there (and there's going to be a walmart in the next year to add to the congestion). I live in the Hunter's Mill subdivision just past Broadmoor and I absolutely love the house and the subdivision, but I do wish it was a little more convenient.

If you are okay with the remoteness and the utter chaos that is 40/42, take a look at Hunter's Mill. They do an excellent job of building among the trees and working with the existing terrain. It can make for some steep driveways since the land is hilly in spots, but it is certainly more attractive than the flat, clear cut neighborhoods that you see elsewhere.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:36 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Default I think Broadmoor is great

I brought in Hunters Mill and my lot backs up to woods and on the other side is phase 4 of Broadmoor. My agent picked the lot and we won't be able to see the development but knowing how nice it is makes me very happy. There is a new Sleep Inn on 42 right off of 40. We stayed there a couple of weeks ago and very nice. Just a 10-15 minute drive from Hunters so a few minutes less to Broadmoor.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:01 AM

359 posts, read 1,838,381 times
Flowers is in serious running for us also. We were there a month ago and one of the builders had some inventory he was trying to get rid of. One incentive was $3000 closing assistance if you used his chosen lender. 2 of the 3 houses are still on the market. One I am infatuated with . Other builders may be offering incentives also and at Broadmoor as well. I am sure your agent can get all that info for you. Happy hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary