Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,671 times

Advertisements

I was just curious, around December for a few weeks I have a few friends coming into town. Some are Greek and some spent the time over seas for school. I wanted to try to surprise them, and take them on something related. Like a Greek Festival, some type of outing where they can enjoy things that are like that.

If anyone has any suggestions of anything that happens around Raleigh, NC? Or, restaurants, local bands that play music...anything? That would be helpful, I'm kind of just taking a shot in the dark here without asking my friends to help look for certain things. But if I did, it would most likely give it away that I want to try to plan something nice for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:08 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
You just missed (or maybe you didn't) the area's big Greek Festival this very past weekend, which is always in September. There is also an International Festival that used to be in the fall, but I don't know when that is held anymore (might have been a couple of weeks ago)?

There is generally SO much "holiday" stuff going on in December, that any other kind of "themed" festivals wait until a different time of year.

You might contact the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox church in North Raleigh; they are the sponsors of the Greek Festival and would know whatever other "Greek" things go on during the year.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 AM

415 posts, read 1,110,281 times
The International Festival of Raleigh International Festival of Raleigh
was a couple of weeks ago. It was at the new convention centre and coincided with its grand opening. It was great, but not helpful to the OP! LOL

There is a little international food festival at a Catholic church out here in Clayton happening this weekend, but again, that doesn't help OP.

To the OP: I'm curious about taking Greek friends to a Greek festival. Might they be more interested in something more uniquely "American"? When I'm travelling overseas I eschew all things American because I want to involve myself in the culture, food, sights, etc. of the place I'm visiting. Just a thought!

Jenny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary