U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:17 AM

3,124 posts, read 8,804,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
Good Lord. So much negativity against Cary on this board. I live 1/2 mile from Cary and cross Cary at least twice a day and do most of my shopping in Cary. I LOVE the town and it is a GREAT place to live IMO. I-40 and I-440 get backed up during commute time but as jbognar said, "nearly all of I-40 through the entire triangle is a problem. ".

As far as the 2 dog limit per household, I think it still exists. And I think it's great. I wouldn't want to live beside someone who had 10 dogs.
I'd rather live near so someone with 10 dogs that were well cared for then someeone with one that neglected it.

It should be based on quality of care...not number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 08:58 AM

694 posts, read 1,870,881 times
Well of course any dog should be well cared for, no matter how many you own. I just don't see why someone would need 10 dogs in their house. Is that really necessary? Is it healthy to live with 10 dogs in a house?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:02 AM

4,883 posts, read 10,169,082 times
It's my understanding that the city has no limit on the number of cats a person can have, but they limit the number of dogs to 2. I would think that 10 cats would be just as bad as 10 dogs, health-wise that is.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:27 AM

19,422 posts, read 30,339,235 times
JUST THE FACTS!
I just called Cary Animal Control, as conjecture drives me nuts.
There are no dog or cat limits in Cary.
Limits on dogs were dropped a few years ago, as the ordinance was considered unconstitutional.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:52 PM

118 posts, read 234,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
JUST THE FACTS!
I just called Cary Animal Control, as conjecture drives me nuts.
There are no dog or cat limits in Cary.
Limits on dogs were dropped a few years ago, as the ordinance was considered unconstitutional.

YOU'RE WELCOME!
Thank you for calling Cary Animal Control, I do have 4 dogs and I take very well care off them
Thank you for your help

Old 02-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
I'd rather live near so someone with 10 dogs that were well cared for then someeone with one that neglected it.

you are so correct Pets or human being everyone needs care

Old 02-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
Good Lord. So much negativity against Cary on this board. I live 1/2 mile from Cary and cross Cary at least twice a day and do most of my shopping in Cary. I LOVE the town and it is a GREAT place to live IMO. I-40 and I-440 get backed up during commute time but as jbognar said, "nearly all of I-40 through the entire triangle is a problem. ".

As far as the 2 dog limit per household, I think it still exists. And I think it's great. I wouldn't want to live beside someone who had 10 dogs.
I will check Cary out and see what is going on, if I like it I will consider to mover there I also will check out Greensboro and Durham.
I came from Germany and my first place was Huntsville, Ala a culture shock for me I did the best . Live in GA, Ohio. PA and now for 10 years in NJ whatever I decide me and my children will be okay.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:05 PM

4,700 posts, read 4,639,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post

Well said. We've got a neighbor with 6 show dogs. We never see or hear them. Across the street is a neighbor with a toy poodle that's messing in everybody's yard and they don't pick up after the dog. The same could be said for kids.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:55 AM

694 posts, read 1,870,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
It's my understanding that the city has no limit on the number of cats a person can have, but they limit the number of dogs to 2. I would think that 10 cats would be just as bad as 10 dogs, health-wise that is.
I agree! Unless the owner vacuums the floor every day!

Old 02-17-2007, 11:29 PM

5 posts, read 18,783 times
You asked about diversity...

Cary is about 84% white and about 8% African American.
Durham is about 46% white and about 44% African American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary