Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 PM

584 posts, read 2,415,906 times

Advertisements

What are the most popular charities and/or charity events in the area? I'm thinking Jimmy V Golf Classic, SAS Golf Classic....others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM

836 posts, read 3,460,425 times
Personally, we look forward every year to the nonprofit Visual Art Exchange's Gala in February. They have a silent and live auction of donated art, where we are usually able to pick up some bargains for the house. There is tons of all types of art, a great crowd, crazy-fun bidding battles, great food and drinks, etc. This year it is at the new Marriot in downtown Raleigh, which makes it more exciting. We may just get a room for the night so we can stay out late and not worry about driving! I have gone for years, but my husband has always been out of town for it and just got to hear me rave. Last year, he got to go and loved it!
Here is more info: 25th Annual Live & Silent Art Action presented by VAE

Old 09-26-2008, 09:32 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,119,681 times
I don't know about most popular, but we've enjoyed the Downtown Appetite for Art DA4A 2008 and the Low Country Boil Loaves and Fishes Helping Children

There are also a lot of great athletic charity events. We do Race for the Cure every year
About the Race Race for the Cure (http://www.komennctriangle.org/race-for-the-cure/about-the-race.php - broken link)
The Bike MS rides are also lots of fun Bike MS

Old 09-26-2008, 10:16 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,723,373 times
For something different, try Drag Bingo, which benefits the Alliance of AIDS Services-NC! You'd be amazed at how diverse the crowd is; ALL ages and types.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM

836 posts, read 3,460,425 times
We will be at the Low Country Boil this weekend! The kids love it, with all the bouncy things, crafts, the lake, etc. We go every year.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM

19 posts, read 121,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNC View Post
We will be at the Low Country Boil this weekend! The kids love it, with all the bouncy things, crafts, the lake, etc. We go every year.

Loaves and Fishes is a teriffic nonprofit - We just love the work they do! We will be at low country boil as well.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,119,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
For something different, try Drag Bingo, which benefits the Alliance of AIDS Services-NC! You'd be amazed at how diverse the crowd is; ALL ages and types.
I should have mentioned Drag Bingo. We've done that too and it is great! I wish the City of Durham would get things resolved with the Durham Armory, though. It has to be hard for the Drag Bingo folks to keep having to move the event around. I see October isn't even scheduled yet.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 974 times
Please pay attention and take a look at a very interesting youth project [url=http://repetitorru.com]PROJECT: FREE HOLIDAYS FOR LOW-INCOME PEOPLE AND STUDENTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary