Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,024,587 times

Advertisements

I think what parents want is a principal who responds to a parent's safety concerns. ANd yes, they are actually "responsible" for making sure kids get on the right busses. They may not know what bus every child rides, but the principal is responsible for having a system in place that ensures all kids DO get on the right bus. And then if something happens, that same principal should be able to figure out what went wrong and ensure it doesn't happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:58 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,724,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I think what parents want is a principal who responds to a parent's safety concerns. ANd yes, they are actually "responsible" for making sure kids get on the right busses. They may not know what bus every child rides, but the principal is responsible for having a system in place that ensures all kids DO get on the right bus. And then if something happens, that same principal should be able to figure out what went wrong and ensure it doesn't happen again.
VERY WELL stated!!!!

Old 05-21-2010, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,494 times
By my current dealing with the wcpss, I am finding that the use of excuses based on them having to deal with a large population of students, is a practiced norm for them, in order to deviate away from their involvement in whatever the situation is. That way, they can still pat themselves on the back despite the parent's feelings. I recently witnessedd this, and sat their appalled, and in total belief that people in a position to guide our youth are so blatantly irresponsible and unprofessional. As for complaining to the area supervisor's office, my current finding in trying to get thru to the area supv., is "Good Luck". The road is paved with a obstacle called a "secretarial game" of sending you back an forth, and lying about returned phone calls. My daughter has been harassed by a teacher on several occasions. The principal was contacted in reeference to the matter, and he statedthat he was not aware of the matter. A meeting was called that he, along with the teacher, in question were to attend. He never showed up. Called for the area supv., here's the secretary blocking, saying the supv. is unavailable, & the principal needs to be spoken to first. Well, how do you speak to him, when he doesn't show up, avoiding the issue. I requested the supv again....more excuses and lies. They think that an issue, along wth a concerned parent will go away. NOT AT ALL. There are other resources and avenues for dealing with them, and I. Have answers.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM

804 posts, read 1,997,608 times
i'd have to agree with francois about the principal's requirements. but certainly, he should have responded to advise that he would look into it immediately & rectify the issue immediately. there should be some chain of command in terms of teachers &/or parking lot overseers who are responsible for ensuring children make it onto their appropriate bus.

i'd say the first thing is to write down every fact of the situation that you can recall, including times, dates, & anybody at the school you spoke with &/or your child spoke with, as well as what they said. i'd certainly reach out to the principal in writing, as well as the superintendant about what happened & how to prevent it. make sure you keep a log of every single person you spoke with & the time (including any time you leave a message or voice mail for a party). that way if it becomes long & protracted, you've got a written record showing all the opportunities to date for them to respond.

good luck with it. i hope you are able to achieve some reconciliation & peace of mind about what happened.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:14 PM

345 posts, read 1,057,020 times
Been there...I feel your pain. Mine was in 1st grade, and the teacher didn't ensure that mine went to catch the bus. "She was working on a picture and missed her bus." How does a teacher let a 1st grade child just sit there at her desk after dismissal time? We survived, but mine quit riding the bus.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:25 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,782,675 times
Just so that everyone knows -- this thread was started in 2008, so while there may still be issues with WCPSS, this specific incident occurred nearly two years ago.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:56 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,519,399 times
Especially with all the budget cuts and teachers loosing their jobs in already overcrowed schools. It would be greatly appreciated if parents would volunteer to help make sure that every student gets on the right bus so that this doesn't happen again. Make sure that you bring a thick pad and few pens so that you can start to memorize students names and addresses as well as which bus goes where so that this doesn't happen on your watch. Again, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:56 PM

260 posts, read 635,667 times
Default Kudos for WCPSS buses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike052082 View Post
Especially with all the budget cuts and teachers loosing their jobs in already overcrowed schools. It would be greatly appreciated if parents would volunteer to help make sure that every student gets on the right bus so that this doesn't happen again. Make sure that you bring a thick pad and few pens so that you can start to memorize students names and addresses as well as which bus goes where so that this doesn't happen on your watch. Again, it would be greatly appreciated.
Exactly! I have nothing but kudos to WCPSS bus transportation system. Our kids are riding bus >1 hr each way since kindergarten. We do carpool when they need to go to classes and so our evening schedule varies and changes often. We had 2-3 times kids go to car pool when they were supposed to go to Bus and school called 15 min after dismissal. We never had probem with bus. It is is almost a miracle to not have mistakes when you dismiss this large number of little kids and with parents injecting changes often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary