Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 03:08 PM

3 posts, read 7,112 times

Advertisements

Could anyone tell me about Briarcliffe Elementary school? Is this school a good school as far as academics, pta, etc.? We are new to the area and trying to decide if we should use public school.
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 03:15 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Briarcliff does not have one of the best reputations amongst Cary elementary schools (but is probably decent when compared to schools in the county overall). I hear a lot of complaints about it, but you never really know.
I heard people say the same thing about Cary Elementary before we moved to that school and you know what? We LOVE it there.
Are you already enrolled there and trying to decide between and private school? If so, maybe you could give it 1/2 a year and see how it goes since you have the option of private school too. It takes a while to really get to know the ins and outs of a school, the principal, the PTA and the overall feel for it.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the info....We are currently living here. I have heard rumors too, this is why I can not decide. I have also found out the school is Title I and that they are in a upgrade status which means we have the option of Reedy Creek Elem. but I am not sure is this is any better.....any info is so much apreciated..

Old 09-28-2008, 03:47 PM

Well, I DO know several familes who go to Reedy Creek Elem and they seem to like it.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Thanks for the info.....2 questions....would you pick Briarcliffe of Reedy Creek? and what are some of the rumors about Briarcliffe?

Old 09-28-2008, 05:22 PM

Just that they are title I, as you mentioned and that academically the school doesn't do very well. I've heard little of this and a little of that about overcrowding, high FNR numbers compared to the rest of Cary schools, high ESL population "bringing down scores" , unhappy teachers etc. I really don't know how much is true and how much is just people complaining, but I hear other parents talking about things like that at scout meetings, birthday parties etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary