Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times

Advertisements

Jenny. No, no one lives in the homes. They are brand new homes that the builders are trying to sell. A couple we saw today weren't quite finished so you could still choose colors, carpets etc. A lot of the houses are reasonably priced but I like to tour the fantasy homes that I could only ever live in in my dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 08:17 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
It is fun to go through to see decorating trends. It is wierd but the 400-800K range is eeriely similar! You have to go over a million to see truly different things!

Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
There's a neighborhood called Briar Chapel that I've heard great things about, between Chapel Hill and Pittsboro.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:03 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_B View Post
Do people live in these homes on the tour? If so, what would make them want to have hundreds or thousands of strangers tromp through their home? The very idea makes me shudder!

Jenny_B
All of the homes we saw were for sale. They were professionally staged. We also stopped at one in Amberly - it's one a friend of mine bought and isn't closing on until the end of the month. That house was empty. In all of the homes, there are signs that state "No food/drink, no shoes". They have paper booties for people to put on before they enter.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:33 AM

50 posts, read 186,372 times
I saw one yesterday called Windsor Commons in Durham (across the street from Hope Valley). It it listed at $425,000, all brick townhouse, 2000 or so sqft, 2 car garage, 750 sqft basement (I think), granite, hardwoods, tall ceilings, ELEVATOR...It was very nice for the price if you don't want a single family home. To the original poster, it is pretty close to Chapel Hill by way of Fearington Rd.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM

40 posts, read 121,253 times
I went to the Parade of Homes south of Regency park this last weekend and was unimpressed. The big question in my mind was - who is buying these $1.5 million homes at this time, and how can the builders put out this kind of investment. It didn't surprise me one bit to learn that one of the homes was a retread from last year - still not sold.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default I love the Parade of Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny_B View Post
Do people live in these homes on the tour? If so, what would make them want to have hundreds or thousands of strangers tromp through their home? The very idea makes me shudder!

Jenny_B
All the ones I’ve been through have been either a builder’s model or spec homes.

Hey, I hear that a lot of realtors are attending a big convention in Charlotte this week. I wonder if they’ll discuss ethics? This comes up because a spokesperson for the convention is already saying that the housing market may see a rebound within the next year.

Last edited by Grizzmeister; 10-06-2008 at 01:00 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 12:32 PM

488 posts, read 1,554,304 times
We went to Hasentree. Number 6 was kind of a nice one because they are auctioning off the furnishings for charity. There are some great deals if you are looking for any furnishings.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:08 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
There's a neighborhood called Briar Chapel that I've heard great things about, between Chapel Hill and Pittsboro.
I've ridden through Briar Chapel a few times. It's right off of 15/501 a little past Cole Park/ Manns Chapel Rd. It's a HUGE community and has some amazing scenery going into the development. They have incorporated some nice art (large pottery & bird house displays) on the way in. And the whole community has a 1920s Arts & Crafts feel. The house do vary architecturally... so thus far it does not feel too cookie cutter. AMAZING club house.... Craftsmen Details.

The lots are tiny. Which I can't decide how I feel about. I use to live on a 5000 sq foot lot in the city, which was GREAT for the city. Now I have 1/3 of an acre in the burbs. I hate the lawn care, but the kids love the space. It's just weird to me to see these tiny city sized lots in a community like Briar Chapel... when you are in the development you feel like you are in the middle of no where. But it's definitely one of those that I'm going to keep my eye on to see how it progresses. But of course hubby said we're never living in a community w/ an HOA again. So I guess there is no Briar Creek in my future.

BTW, I think you can get bigger lots at Briar Chapel if you are in the Million Range. I personally am in the under 400K range so I did not look at those options.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 PM

50 posts, read 186,372 times
Durham/Orange/Chatham counties just announced the winners if you wanted to visit them:

http://www.hbadoc.com/associations/2...%20Winners.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary