Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:07 PM

9 posts, read 31,728 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, just checked out Brightleaf at the park. the area looks super good and i see positive upsides to it.

Brightleaf crossing would be the neighborhood i'd def be interested in, but I wanted to know especially those currently living there if there was any incentives or wiggle room on newly constructed homes?

I loved the area, but the agent there ...no offense to her...seemed so sure it'd sell regardless of who it is, didnt really care to learn or remember our names...
first impressions are always good, but in a way i was taken by surprise...not in a good or bad way..and almost intimidated lol.

anywhoo, i wanted to know if you all can help me out on possible incentives they might wiggle with, cuz right now, unless i use their lender, all upgrades are outta pocket. :-(

thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 05:48 PM

1,364 posts, read 6,020,941 times
Did you ask them about upgrades/Incentives?

I can tell you that of the 4 developers, Standard Pacific by FAR sells the most homes in Brightleaf so despite your unfortunate encounter, she may not be wrong in her assumption. Every time I've been over there, they've been nice and helpful.

You can sign up for their incentive/mailing list online and get emails with sales they are having - I got a recent one for this weekend with a 3-2-1 buydown.

I just checked out the Crossing model today and was pretty darn impressed for a 210k base floorplan.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:55 PM

yeah i saw the 3-2-1 buy down, but i was hoping to see more of the incentives in the upgrades.

does the mailing list online give different offers than if you searched on their webpage or go to the model homes themselves? thank you!

Old 10-04-2008, 07:15 PM

Not really, but it will keep you apprised of any major events. If you have a buyer's agent, put them to work for you - and it never hurts to keep calling and asking, incentives change all the time! Good luck, though - we are REALLY excited about the neighborhood.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:19 PM

oh so you currently stay there? if so which neighborhood within?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,692,353 times
You could also always put in an offer asking for more money toward options. They'll either say yes or no. Just be prepared to walk away at least temporarily to see if they call you back and are willing to work with you. I do know that they reduced base prices not too long ago, so they may not have much more to give out.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:59 AM

Brightleaf Ridge - Shea homes!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:00 PM

i also saw some new neighborhood nearby....wood chapel i think.

but i see a lot more potential in upside with the brightleaf area. traffic was horrible yesterday. goodness....they are re-paving and the traffic was BACKED up cuz i wanted to time how long it would take me to get to brier creek shopping area. haha.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:14 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,692,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummboy23 View Post
i also saw some new neighborhood nearby....wood chapel i think.

but i see a lot more potential in upside with the brightleaf area. traffic was horrible yesterday. goodness....they are re-paving and the traffic was BACKED up cuz i wanted to time how long it would take me to get to brier creek shopping area. haha.
It's about 5 minutes, there will also be a new shopping area connected to Brighteaf called Brightleaf Commons sometime in the future.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:43 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,148,805 times
I live in the crossing. There is plenty wiggle room now. Just need to know how to pick your battles. There is a few homes for sale by owner. I know that standard pacific does not include a lot of things that were included about 6 months ago. For example, they have downgraded their AC units to lenox (from carrier), no more windows in the garage door, no more soffet overhangs, no more sod in the back yard, no more hard wood in the foyer, there are a few more but they are saving about 2k per house now and adding what was included as options. sort of bs but again you can always get what you want with a little wheeling and dealing. builders are desperate to sell. the crossing is great... many new young families. other parts of brightleaf are not selling well because the price point is way too high 350K and up. HOA fee are low $33 per month paid lump sum in december. The brightleaf club is very expensive. they have two memberships: full and pool. full is about 1200 a year pool is about 450 a year.

more info can be found here:
Brightleaf Home

http://thebrightleafclub.com/

Brightleaf Living

yes i know many websites...but each part of brightleaf is someone else ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary