Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:40 PM

4 posts, read 31,817 times

Advertisements

I just replaced my fescue with four pallets of zeon zoysia. I fell 30 squares short or 45 sq ft. It appears that you can only buy zeon zoysia by the pallet 502 sq ft. I would hate to buy a whole pallet of sod and throw most of it away. If there is anyone out there that has leftover sod I would like to buy it from you. If anyone knows where I can buy less than a pallet of zeon zoysia please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,149,890 times
Check craigslist.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM

already checked there

Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijastrow View Post
I just replaced my fescue with four pallets of zeon zoysia. I fell 30 squares short or 45 sq ft. It appears that you can only buy zeon zoysia by the pallet 502 sq ft. I would hate to buy a whole pallet of sod and throw most of it away. If there is anyone out there that has leftover sod I would like to buy it from you. If anyone knows where I can buy less than a pallet of zeon zoysia please let me know.
You might try calling Atlantic Avenue Orchid & Garden Center - Garden Supplies, Gifts, Orchids, and Plants. I've seen them sell zoysia plugs in the past which may be an option if you are in a bind. However I don't know what type of zoysia they sell. FWIW, I'm not a lawn pro or anything, but I thought spring/summer was the time to plant warm season grasses like zoysia. Like I said, not a pro so I could be way off.

Either way, good luck with your new lawn!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 PM

25 posts, read 93,385 times
Try calling the Lowes in Apex. I once saw it there for sale by the piece. They might can help you out. I am not sure of the type of zoysia.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 PM

22 posts, read 119,776 times
Some landscaping/sod places will sell you per roll/square and not a whole pallet, that's just crazy!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:20 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,579,467 times
Quote:
FWIW, I'm not a lawn pro or anything, but I thought spring/summer was the time to plant warm season grasses like zoysia.
Zoysia is actually one of the few grasses that can be sodded/plugged year-round. Although it won't spread while in dormancy, it will still grow roots and survive.

O.P.- If you are just lacking that small amount, instead of paying for more you should just buy a plugger. Take some plugs out of the area you've sodded and install them in the area you need filled. One of the great benefits of zoysia is it's a creeping grass and will fill in the bare spots on it's own.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:40 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am hoping someone will have some leftovers. If not I will wait until next spring and then do some plugging. I was told that you can plant Zoysia up until a week before the first frost. If you plant Zoysia after the first frost you will need to water it throughout the winter to keep the SOD from suffering root damage. I am no landscape expert so only going off what I have been told.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM

57 posts, read 246,025 times
Try SuperSod at the Farmer's Market in Raleigh... they sell zoysia sod for $5/roll (16 inches x 81 inches). Not sure if they sell "zeon", it might just be emerald zoysia and zenith zoysia, but it is worth trying. Here is their page: Super-Sod Local Grass Sod and Grass Seed Sales in Raleigh, NC and the Triangle

Old 10-09-2008, 07:17 AM

Super SOD does not sell zeon. It does not appear that anyone has anything smaller than a pallet of zeon for sale. Does anyone know another SOD I could put down to blend in with the zeon or atleast something else I can put down in this small area that will eventually loose out the zeon once it spreads? I am afraid that if I do nothing in this area errosion will makle a mess of the soil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary