Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times

Advertisements

You can take a stroller on the bus, I think they just ask you to collapse the stroller while riding it. Taking the bus is a great way to get there. We do that every year and it's definitley convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 11:04 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,449 times
Thanks for the bus info.

Anyone know - do they have wagon rentals? The Ohio State fair did, but I haven't seen that anywhere else.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:10 PM

862 posts, read 3,549,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
You can take a stroller on the bus, I think they just ask you to collapse the stroller while riding it. Taking the bus is a great way to get there. We do that every year and it's definitley convenient.
Yes, I take the bus all the time with my trusty umbrella stroller. I have an almost three year old and I just collapse it and it can fit right between my legs, on the floor or against the side of the bus, whichever place I feel like stashing it. One note about bussing it with a stroller is NOT to use one of the higher end ones that fold like an umbrella, like a Peg Perego. They're too heavy to maneuver on the bus. The best one specifically for the bus and trips with an older toddler are the Cosco ones from Wal-mart (or the like). I bought one for like $10 and am so happy with it. The Peg stays in the back of the van for other uses.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:38 PM

574 posts, read 1,209,064 times
Love the bus. We get it at the soccer park. We parked at the fair ONCE, never again!

Oh, and yes they have wagon rentals. It's usually near gate 10, I think? It's a tent and they rent scooters and wheel chairs as well.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Details here. We plan to go on the North Raleigh bus Monday. Enjoy.

Transportation & Parking - 2008 N.C. State Fair (http://www.ncstatefair.org/2008/general/transport.htm - broken link)
Thanks for a great link!
ljd

Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,948,840 times
My first time going last year, and last...lol
not to be a downer, but I don't understand all the hype for this fair, guess it's not what I am used to at fairs, I am more accustomed to craft type fairs, pumpkin picking, apple picking, corn mazes, roasted corn, wine tasting, etc..to me this was a glorified carnival...my $0.02. Have fun everyone.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
not to be a downer, but I don't understand all the hype for this fair, guess it's not what I am used to at fairs, I am more accustomed to craft type fairs, pumpkin picking, apple picking, corn mazes, roasted corn, wine tasting, etc..to me this was a glorified carnival...my $0.02. Have fun everyone.

No, I don't look at this post as a Debbie Downer - I'm actually very interested in multiple opinions. I hate to keep bringing up the Ohio State Fair, but it's all I have to compare to. At that one, I'd say it's about 65% carnival and 35% agriculture and crafts. As I get older the former becomes less interesting than the latter, and I'm shocked to be turning into my parents (Dad, why do we need to look at cows? I want to ride the rides!)

It's hard to believe agriculture wouldn't play much of role in the fair, as this state has a longer growing season than Ohio, and the Raleigh State Farmer's market is just incredible - Ohio doesn't have anything like that.

Oh, and I forgot - thank you for the inofrmation on wagons and buses!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:20 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
There is PLENTY of agricultural stuff at the fair!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:24 PM

420 posts, read 1,397,630 times
Thanks for sharing all this information. We have never been (this is our second fall in NC). We don't do carnival type rides. We were really hoping for a lot of animal/craft displays and fun food!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:39 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,009 times
Oh I love the state fair. I haven't been in years. The last time I went was great until there was a massive downpour. We got soaked! Had to ride back to Charlotte in wet clothes. Good Times!

Quote:
I guess it is a big carnival. LOL. I've never been to a fair with apple picking or corn mazes. It's all about the food, exhibits and rides!

FYI for anyone interested - Here's the Livestock judging schedule (http://www.ncstatefair.org/2008/competitions/livestock.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary