Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:15 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,596,866 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how much the HOA dues are for Sunset Ridge in Holly Springs? I seem to remember someone saying that the water park costs extra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 06:01 AM

Well, I found a web page for the "Sunset Ridge Racquet and Swim Club". This site seems to indicate that residents of Sunset Ridge can pay an initiation fee of $950 (for a family) and yearly membership dues of $695 per year (for a family). This seems to entitle you use of Sunset North Aquatic Center, Sunset Ridge South Complex, and the Sunset Oaks Waterpark and Activities Center.

However, it is still not clear to me if there is a general HOA fee just to live in the neighborhood (I'll bet there is), how much that HOA fee is, and what facilities that fee entitles you to use. Does it just cover landscape maintenance? Is there a playground? A small pool? Tennis court?

Anyone have any info on this?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:50 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,206 times
There is a yearly HOA of $140. This is just for the upkeep of the neighborhood. If you want the swim and tennis which includes both pools here in Sunset Ridge as well as the pool at Sunset Oaks it is an additional $650 or so a year which I believe you pay quarterly (split up into 4 payments I think) If you want to belong to the golf and social club there is a $4000-6000.00 fee. That fee changes as they have these specials etc. We have only lived here going on 6 months and it is all a bit confusing to me still. we plan on joining the swim and tennis this Spring so the kids can use the pools. Since we moved in in Fall (and the pools are closed from labor day until memorial day *i think * there was no reason to join yet)

Old 02-15-2007, 07:07 AM

Wow. $650 a year for a family to use the pool? You'd better use the dang thing every day to get your money's worth out of that. However, $140/yr for grounds upkeep is fairly reasonable. Our old neighborhood charged $150/year, but it was much smaller.

Which area of the Sunset development do you live in? What do you think of it so far? I'm probably getting ahead of myself here (but I usually do) but I saw an interesting house for sale in Sunset Ridge North and want to learn more about the area. My wife will probably do a drive-by today, and if she likes what she sees, we'll contact our realtor.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Wow. $650 a year for a family to use the pool? You'd better use the dang thing every day to get your money's worth out of that. However, $140/yr for grounds upkeep is fairly reasonable. Our old neighborhood charged $150/year, but it was much smaller.

Which area of the Sunset development do you live in? What do you think of it so far? I'm probably getting ahead of myself here (but I usually do) but I saw an interesting house for sale in Sunset Ridge North and want to learn more about the area. My wife will probably do a drive-by today, and if she likes what she sees, we'll contact our realtor.
We live in the newer section. Skymont Drive. So far we love it. Great neighbors, great families, tons of kids, quiet, friendly everything you want a neighborhood to be We have three kids in school and are happy thus far with that as well. Not so thrilled about the year round scenario but that is a county wide issue not a Holly Springs/Sunset Ridge issue. Honestly at this point I can't find anything to complain about. Oh and you get to do tennis for the $650 as well plus they have tennis clubs/lessons for the kids as well as swim team/lessons as well for the kids. Hey in CA we paid $300 per month for our HOA and that included 1 very small pool so to us this seams reasonable. Plus I just like the fact that it is optional. In Ca you paid weather you swam or not. Where is the home you are doing a "drive by" on?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:35 PM

There are 3 houses on Flint Point and one on Midden Way that we decided to go look at tomorrow with our realtor. They are all a little rich for our blood, but if one of them turns out to be "the one", then I'm sure we could stretch our budget a bit or sell off some of our mutual funds.

Are there any walking trails nearby? I can see that there are lots of sidewalks, but I was hoping for a greenway trail. We'd use that a lot more than the pools and tennis courts.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:53 PM

237 posts, read 1,029,361 times
Is a pool something you would really like? If so, I think you can find a few subdivisions in Holly Springs with pool rights included in their traditional homeowners association fee.

We looked at Sunset Ridge but came to the conclusion we wouldn't use all those amenities enough to justify the extra charge on top of the home owners fee. Good luck tomorrow

Old 02-15-2007, 08:51 PM

They are building a walking trail around the pond behind our home and eventually there will be walking trails that connect with the park the city of HS is putting in off of Holly Springs Rd. You can also walk the trails around the golf course. I looked at 1 home FSBO on MIdden when we were looking. I also looked at another one which I think may have been on Flint Point. It was very nice and had a basement but the bathroom/bedroom wouldn't have worked for us as I recall. But as I remember it it was nice, clean loved the basement and had a nice yard. Good luck to you! Let us know how it turns out!

Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Dang. The people in both houses we looked at this afternoon had cats. My wife is deathly allergic to cats, even after allergy shots for 2 years. We would have to replace the carpet, have the ducts cleaned, repaint the entire house, replace many of the doors (they had cat doors cut into them), etc. Not worth the time and expense. Too bad because they were very nice houses otherwise and we would have submitted an offer on one of them.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Dang. The people in both houses we looked at this afternoon had cats. My wife is deathly allergic to cats, even after allergy shots for 2 years. We would have to replace the carpet, have the ducts cleaned, repaint the entire house, replace many of the doors (they had cat doors cut into them), etc. Not worth the time and expense. Too bad because they were very nice houses otherwise and we would have submitted an offer on one of them.
I don't know what your price range is but there are two homes on our street....actually 3 brand spanken new homes sitting and waiting for occupency. The range in price from $430 ish to $489. All are very nice. I have asthma and allergies as do all 3 of my kids so i feel your pain with the animal situation. After looking at soooo many homes we finally opted for new again. I was too nervous about the potential for allergens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary