Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:25 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,733,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priorityonecb View Post
We'll be voting next weekend. Here, our voting place is directly across from our library where we go every weekend anyway. We'll just hop on over and be done within minutes.
If you do go, please report back what county you're in, and whether there's a line. Alas, my kids want to go with me, so my hopes of going at an "off" time are dashed. :-) (Joking somewhat; I'm glad they're excited about voting. I loved casting my first ballot, which was actually in NC, in 1992.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
If you do go, please report back what county you're in, and whether there's a line. Alas, my kids want to go with me, so my hopes of going at an "off" time are dashed. :-) (Joking somewhat; I'm glad they're excited about voting. I loved casting my first ballot, which was actually in NC, in 1992.)
I think there's going to be a line Anytime you go, but it's recommended mid mornings and mid afternoons during the week, rather than the weekends or weekday lunchtimes or early AM or late PM. Like I said, I think there's going to be a line Anytime....

Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Durham has THAT MANY places and Wake only has the BOE, at least for the first week? Day-um! I work near there and that would be my spot anyway, but I wish they had other places open right away, to thin the lines there

Old 10-17-2008, 01:19 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,707 times
Quote:
To vote early, go to one of your country's One-Stop Early Voting sites. Here are the sites for Orange County -- Durham County -- Wake County -- Johnston County.
Just wanted to point out that the Wake County link is the one for 2006. Here is the updated link for the general election of 2008.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:12 AM

847 posts, read 3,522,917 times
Quote:
Exit polls generally aren't released until after all the polls close, so I'd think not. I saw something that might have been an exit poll, but I actually think it may just have been a random survey of voters who said they'd voted, not an actual exit poll.

On a similar topic, today's N&O says that these early votes aren't counted until election day, and aren't made public until after the polls close.
Well, maybe I'm using the wrong term, but I mean when people stand outside the polling places and ask people how they voted, then you get an early count of how the election is going. It's not always accurate, of course, but isn't that what an exit poll is?

Old 10-17-2008, 06:16 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,148,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Durham has THAT MANY places and Wake only has the BOE, at least for the first week? Day-um! I work near there and that would be my spot anyway, but I wish they had other places open right away, to thin the lines there
I just looked and the Wake County link originally posted is from 2006. This is this year's link. WakeGOV.com - Early Voting Locations You have other options!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welovedurham View Post
Well, maybe I'm using the wrong term, but I mean when people stand outside the polling places and ask people how they voted, then you get an early count of how the election is going. It's not always accurate, of course, but isn't that what an exit poll is?
What I mean is that I think the voters were called on the phone and asked whether they had voted, not surveyed as they left the polling booth. Again, though, I'm not sure on the details.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
I just looked and the Wake County link originally posted is from 2006. This is this year's link. WakeGOV.com - Early Voting Locations You have other options!
Thanks! Wish I could correct the original post, but it's not letting me...

Old 10-17-2008, 06:55 AM

170 posts, read 1,014,607 times
Where are the Early Voting locations within Wake Co Malls?

I'm interested in Cary Town Center, but others may be interested in Triangle Town Center. Not interested in cruising the Mall

Old 10-17-2008, 07:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunWon View Post
Where are the Early Voting locations within Wake Co Malls?

I'm interested in Cary Town Center, but others may be interested in Triangle Town Center. Not interested in cruising the Mall
If you are going to Triangle Town Center Mall, according to WRAL the early voting site is located between Archiver's and Men's Wearhouse stores (This is in the outdoor portion of the mall.)

Map: Enlarged Map 3 - Triangle Town Center (http://www.triangletowncenter.com/shop/triangle.nsf/content_enlarged_third?openform - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary