Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 AM

7 posts, read 16,862 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We are trying to rent out our house in cary park for about an year.Does anyone know about a good rental & property management company? Please do give your comments and reviews about your experience with any of the companies?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:21 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,859,860 times
Block and Associates is the largest one that I am aware of in this area.
The website is NC Home rentals Apartments NC Block & Associates Relocation North Carolina

Old 10-21-2008, 02:10 PM

Thanks for sending me the link.Do you know of people who have hired this company and if they have good reviews about it?

Old 10-21-2008, 02:22 PM

336 posts, read 1,493,233 times
Henry Property Management provides rental homes in Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, and Wake county North Carolina.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 PM

7 posts, read 13,306 times
When I was looking to rent a house I called Block about 2 houses they called me 1 week later. Very bad.

I used this guy:
[SIZE=3]Nathan Scott - Owner/Broker[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Wake Residential Rentals[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]http://www.rentwakenc.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]nathan@rentwakenc.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]919-570-1111[/SIZE]

Had such a good experience renting from them.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 AM

Thanks for your reply.I will surely get in touch with these people.I was a little nervous going with Block as I have read horrible reviews about these people.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:04 AM

353 posts, read 1,364,002 times
Sorry for piggiebacking off this thread but I wanted to educate myself on the rental process. Does anyone have tips for what you should look for in a rental house, rental agreement etc? How to ensure you don't sign a contract with the rental agency or rentor that has unreasonable terms? Do I need a lawyer to assist me with the contract?
We will be relocating and are now leaning towards renting first. We will be looking for a rental in NW Cary or SW Durham (Southpoint area) for $1,500 to $2,000 a month for a 2,500 -3,000 sq ft home. Thank you.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:20 AM

131 posts, read 724,258 times
I rented a house from a property management company called Clark Properties a year ago. I had a great experience through them and thought they were very nice and helpful. They have a website at Raleigh Home Rentals & Cary Real Estate & Relocation Help Desk. I would recommend them because they were very honest and timely with helping me, the renter. I don't know how they are as far as helping the landlord/owner, though. I tried to rent through Block and Associates a few years ago and they were not very helpful at all.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 AM

850 posts, read 4,730,397 times
Try Trademark Residential. I've worked with several and they're certainly the best I've dealt with. I also didn't have a good experience with Block.

Lisa, if you would like to rent a home, I would establish a relationship with a good real estate agent. They have access to MLS so will have more available homes than a single management company. While they won't make much money from your referral now, most will probably take on your business in the hopes that you'll contact them when you're looking to buy. I don't think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not an agent, that they can help you with your contract though. So the best thing you can do is educate yourself. If something seems off to you, question it. Ask us in here. I have several years of property management experience and know landlord tenant law backwards and forwards. I can't give you official advice as I'm not a lawyer or an agent, but I will certainly post my opinion on lease questions if I see them as I'm sure many others will too! Also, looking to rent a home like that, a pretty standard contract will be for 1 year, include a 1 month deposit, 30-60 day notice, landlord responsible for repairs and maintenance...the basics. Hope that helps!

Old 11-07-2008, 09:33 AM

94 posts, read 393,273 times
There's a few suggestions/resources in this thread as well....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...s-wendell.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary