Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:40 PM

12 posts, read 33,587 times

Advertisements

Hi Mikeheel,

We close on a house in Kitt's Creek the end of August. The homeowners have an email group, of which I have been part of these past few months. I am not a "dog person", but it seems that there are quite a few homeowners with dogs. They were trying to get the builder to maybe do a dog park, but I am not sure whatever became of that talk. It seems you would have a lot of company as far as people with dogs in KC. Also, there are some bigger lots available, if you haven't already checked with the builder....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM

12 posts, read 33,587 times
Hey Viggiaro,

Nice post. I agree with basically everything you say. BTW, if you are a nice person, nobody really cares whether you are from NY, Idaho, or Zimbabwe. But if you turn out to be a jerk and you tell them you are from NY, then you give the rest of us ex-New Yorkers a bad rep. As for the food, nobody wants to here anyone "b__ch" about how they miss whatever food they used to eat from whatever place they came from. Save that for your buddies back on long island. This is what I used to do - when I go back east I buy a Sicilian pizza from Vincent's, freeze it, pack it in a cooler bag, and fly it back out with me to Los Angeles.

Well, I close the end of August too, so I will meet you at the pool. Five foot eight, balding, with a bad back.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:31 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
Great photos! I think the neighborhood is cool, but the lot sizes would never do for us.

Is it true that your protective covenets in Kitts Creek tell you how long you can leave your garage door open & on what dates you can put up Christmas directions and how long they can be up for?

I had heard of Kitts Creek when we were doing our home search, but never made our way into the neighborhood. I had heard of the protective covenants on another board and it scared me!

Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
I love these cute histoical homes...I would need one on a culdesac with a big backyard and privacy.....since I have 5 dogs! Are there any set in more privacy lots like a culdesac?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:21 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
Do Not Want A Home In A Homeowners Assosiation Either! Are There Any Histoic Homes Like This In Cary Or Any Other Aea With No Hoa?

Old 08-12-2007, 02:31 PM

478 posts, read 2,045,252 times
What an interesting subdivision! Looked dollhouse like in many ways to us. Both from a distance and also b/c the homes are so close together, no garage in front.

Would anyone enter the front of their home if not walking? I'm seeing all the 'No Parking! $50 Fine' signs in the front of homes and thinking if one had friends come to visit, they would park and enter the home from ?

We def need more space than these home lots (and more privacy) with much better views than of a pool or park or someone's home but like the concept of 'historic home design'.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 12,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondsmurf View Post
My husband and I currently live in Morrisville in a townhouse and are looking to upgrade to a Kitts Creek home. We toured the models a few days ago and really like the unique style. In answer to a previous poster, the sales guy told us that the fences you see are the only ones allowed in the community, I assume to keep the exteriors somewhat similar.

I've read a few posts mentioning resale value for these new urbanism type homes. Can anyone lend your opinion? We've lived in this area for a year now and seen the growth in housing, but are concerned that with the small lot size/unique community they won't appreciate in value as much.

Thanks!
I think there are two fence options - white vinyl privacy fence and the iron ones...though I'm not sure about "where" you can put each kind.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:27 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,601,450 times
If you buy the smaller, I believe they are called cottages, that are very closer together this is how I was told it works,
The property between the houses on the right hand side is yours, and you would fence that side in. So more or less a little dog run.
Hope this helps! The homes do look real nice, just alittle too small property wise for our liking...

Old 08-17-2007, 06:19 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
I love these houses! The only thing is that they are too close to each other.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 AM

33 posts, read 109,002 times
Yes this is a common problem. There are some larger lots available but those are limited to corner lots. At first I was very unsure about having a small yard. My husband has more time to spend with our son because it is only 3 miles to work. That is more important to me then having a huge yard to mow every weekend! Just matters what you are looking for. I will say the residents of Kitts Creek are some of the friendliest neighbors you will ever meet! Hope everyone enjoys their house hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary