U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 PM

50 posts, read 100,679 times

Advertisements

I think those houses and the unique flavors of each are absolutely awesome. They're out of the price range we were shopping. But, if they hadn't been, I would've considered them. I'm a fool for unique houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,009,542 times
What are the neighborhood appearance laws in Kitts Creek? When we bought, we were restricted from the same floorplan, elevation, and brick/siding color from our neighbors - some places I know have lots pre-set with the house type and look that goes on it, and it seems like KC would be in or near this camp.

At least something like "Once someone builds it, you can't build another just like it" because the whole unique thing goes down the drain if there's another purple victorian with a turret, a rapunzel balcony, and a funicular in the back.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:15 PM

10,419 posts, read 18,065,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezecake View Post
What are the neighborhood appearance laws in Kitts Creek? When we bought, we were restricted from the same floorplan, elevation, and brick/siding color from our neighbors - some places I know have lots pre-set with the house type and look that goes on it, and it seems like KC would be in or near this camp.

At least something like "Once someone builds it, you can't build another just like it" because the whole unique thing goes down the drain if there's another purple victorian with a turret, a rapunzel balcony, and a funicular in the back.
OH MY! I have never heard such words!!!

Vicki

Old 07-24-2008, 05:40 PM

3,288 posts, read 6,339,606 times
I can't help but giggle every time I ride through Kitt's Creek. There are some lovely homes, however, many of them make it look like a movie lot for Warner Brothers. I've met people who live there and absolutely love it - so there is something for everyone.

P.S. Turret I know but what's a "funicular?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:17 PM

100 posts, read 262,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I can't help but giggle every time I ride through Kitt's Creek. There are some lovely homes, however, many of them make it look like a movie lot for Warner Brothers.

I'd think that the thrice daily parades would get old pretty fast.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 PM

3,288 posts, read 6,339,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d40372 View Post
I'd think that the thrice daily parades would get old pretty fast.

My best belly chuckle of the night. Thanks!!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:21 PM

38 posts, read 125,810 times
Wow d40372 . . . you must have a lot of time on your hands. Do you enhance photos for all neighborhoods to show possible daily activities???

Old 07-25-2008, 01:00 PM

100 posts, read 262,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisville2007 View Post
Wow d40372 . . . you must have a lot of time on your hands. Do you enhance photos for all neighborhoods to show possible daily activities???

Nope and nope.

Though, if I did have some real time on my hands, I would've figured out a way to work the Hall of Presidents and the Country Bear Jamboree into the picture.

Actually, it's so darned easy to select and paste using graphics programs that the picture I posted yesterday hardly took any time at all to generate...I couldn't resist.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 PM

10,419 posts, read 18,065,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d40372 View Post
Nope and nope.

Though, if I did have some real time on my hands, I would've figured out a way to work the Hall of Presidents and the Country Bear Jamboree into the picture.

Actually, it's so darned easy to select and paste using graphics programs that the picture I posted yesterday hardly took any time at all to generate...I couldn't resist.
I'm glad you didn't resist. It was my best laugh of the day! And even when I see it again, I laugh.

Vicki

Old 07-26-2008, 09:57 PM

19,763 posts, read 31,613,244 times
That is some nice camera work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary