Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 AM

531 posts, read 1,982,468 times

Advertisements

Who would you call for repair to a heat pump? We live on the eastern side of Durham County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 AM

451 posts, read 1,653,643 times
We used Service Experts, and they were referred to us by our realtor's assistant - her recommendations have been 100% perfect. Before we called them I checked their reviews online, and most think they are on the expensive side, but you do get what you pay for.

We had them come out and do a check of our system, I think it's ~$89. The guy was thorough. I was very impressed (which is hard to do). I think his name was Mike? Maybe - I'm horrible with names. He might have been their field supervisor, an older, southern guy (you know the type, very polite and very talkative). Ask for him.

Anyways, I was more than happy. Not happy with the condition of our heat pump, but happy with them.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:05 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,436,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
We used Service Experts, and they were referred to us by our realtor's assistant - her recommendations have been 100% perfect. Before we called them I checked their reviews online, and most think they are on the expensive side, but you do get what you pay for.

We had them come out and do a check of our system, I think it's ~$89. The guy was thorough. I was very impressed (which is hard to do). I think his name was Mike? Maybe - I'm horrible with names. He might have been their field supervisor, an older, southern guy (you know the type, very polite and very talkative). Ask for him.

Anyways, I was more than happy. Not happy with the condition of our heat pump, but happy with them.
I agree its important to check out systems - but I'm always worried the service call is nothing more than a foot in the door technique and a chance to upsell. When we had our A/C system checked out last summer - all appeared fine - we had the routine cleaning - and the tech. suggested a lot of stuff (like installing a hard start) that we didn't do...

The following week the system froze up and suddenly required freeon (which means there is a leak somewhere b/c it is a contained system).... I did not follow the tech. outside to see if he really installed the freon... maybe I'm too trusting... There was a minimum charge for the freeon...close to 200.00... however he didn't charge (lucky me) for another service call...

Now we're running some heat and the downstairs unit is making a strange humming noise.. working fine except for the annoying humming... think its time for a change so I think I'll call Service experts

Old 10-30-2008, 03:42 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,677,887 times
I've always used Airmakers.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,838,107 times
I have a guy I use on my house. He is outstanding; extremely knowledgeable and will work after hours. I meet a lot of service people as an inspector, and have recommended this guy to several and never heard anything but praise about him. In fact, I bet he has done work for a dozen City-Data members. Message me for his number. if you are interested.
What problem are you having btw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary