Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 11:55 AM

198 posts, read 910,311 times

Advertisements

Any names of specific neighborhoods and areas in SE Raleigh- or within 15-20 minutes of this area. Looking for an area that is not quite in the city limits but suburban with close conveniance to shops, etc. Also any names of new home builders in the area are appreciated (from low end to high end).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 12:09 PM

106 posts, read 733,394 times
I'm interested in this area too...on every realtor.com search, 27604 (I figured that one out) and 27610 (still can't find what's wrong with it) come in drastically lower in price than other areas in Raleigh...what gives?

And the thread already on this doesn't really say -- is there a lot of crime/minorities in 27610? Long hike to RTP? What?

Old 02-20-2007, 04:35 PM

583 posts, read 2,802,793 times
Are you only looking for new homes?

Old 02-20-2007, 05:29 PM

212 posts, read 858,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSUAlum2006 View Post
I'm interested in this area too...on every realtor.com search, 27604 (I figured that one out) and 27610 (still can't find what's wrong with it) come in drastically lower in price than other areas in Raleigh...what gives?

And the thread already on this doesn't really say -- is there a lot of crime/minorities in 27610? Long hike to RTP? What?
ya, all of the above. you just answered your own question. The usual suspects when prices are lower. But I've driven around, not every part is bad, you just have to look. Just overall, it's not as nice as the pricier areas.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:42 PM

401 posts, read 1,623,914 times
S.E. Raleigh has suffered in the past from some crime/gang problems while the north side was/is booming.
With all the focus on north Ral. the southeast side has been overlooked. Now, with land starting to run out on the north side,and with revitalization of downtown, S.E. Ral. is becoming the next "big thing". I read an article the other day that said 40% of Raleighs growth in the next 10 years will be in S.E. Ral..
Now that there is alot of development in this area alot of the crime is slowly disappearing. It still plagues some parts of the area, but not like it used to.
As for neighborhoods outside the city limits, i can't help you too much there although i will see if i can get any info. for you.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 7,722 times
it is interesting that you gang crime / minorities together. obviously your prejudiced is clear. however, north raleigh in particular wakefield area has seen a large jump in gang / crime, which is not mostly minority. care to share your thoughts on this

Old 09-13-2007, 12:29 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
I think SE Raleigh historically has suffered an image problem that it has yet to recover from. It was generally considered the "bad" side of town to live on years ago as I was growing up. The "rich kids" all lived in North Raleigh (ironically the areas which are now pretty run down in North Raleigh!) The West and East sides were not the "good areas".

But as another poster mentioned, that's just about the only side of Raleigh left to develop and I suspect things will improve there over time a speople are having a hard time finding affordable living options in other parts of the county. I don't know of specific neighborhood names, but I have seen some pretty nice newer developments back there and some of them are slated to go to the best magnet schools in the county. If my DD is not accepted to Enloe high school when the time comes, I'm considering moving to SE Raleigh myself.
And another poster also has a good point, North Raleigh has some pretty heavy pockets of crime itself, yet that doesn't seem to deter people from wanting to move there. I think it's a problem of perception more than anything being actually wrong with the area.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
That's true about North Raleigh.

I lived in the Capital Blvd Mini-City area for 8 years and it went straight down the crapper.

For those with some desire for adventure, South Raleigh might be a great opportunity since it may take off in a few years.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:43 PM

154 posts, read 597,783 times
Try the 27603 zip...there's nothing down here but crickets chirping. Though there is a new little development called Middle Creek Commons being built just down the road from me that's anchored by a Lowes grocery store.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 PM

401 posts, read 1,623,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98stage2 View Post
Try the 27603 zip...there's nothing down here but crickets chirping. Though there is a new little development called Middle Creek Commons being built just down the road from me that's anchored by a Lowes grocery store.
You and I must be neighbors!! Nice out here ain't it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary