U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-01-2008, 06:04 AM

18,314 posts, read 26,549,825 times
We're guessing about 60 here.
The little buggers roam the streets in packs and that makes it hard to keep count.

Had one cute little Imperial Storm Trooper come back a second time, with a confused look...
He made out pretty good!
Got enough sugar he is probably bouncing off the ceiling as we speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-01-2008, 07:09 AM

331 posts, read 827,921 times
Would you believe our doorbell rang at 11:35 last night and even though we turned out the lights, hubby answered and there were 2 kids, around 8 and 10 and mom in the car waiting....what the #%$#?

Unread 11-01-2008, 07:29 AM

113 posts, read 228,916 times
We had the same damn thing. Sorry for the language but I live in Fuquay and some of those kids were SSSOOOOOO rude. I had a few tell me that they didn't like that kind and reached into my bowl to get a different kind. After that we turned out the light. What is wrong with parents they don't teach there kids any manners.

Unread 11-01-2008, 08:08 AM

3,199 posts, read 5,543,747 times
A whopping total of 2 kids at my place. Townhome community - very few children live here. I found it kind of sad. I miss all the hullaballoo!

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:30 PM

249 posts, read 402,182 times
Halloween was great in our neighborhood. We live in Sunset Ridge in Holly Springs. We are in the middle of the street so everyone stopped by our house. We had a rush of like 30 kids in a 5 min span. I was just tossing candy as fast as I could. Also, everyone was just sitting on their front porches watching the kids walk by. One house set up a big table in the front yard and a bunch of neighbors brought candy over to put on the table. So while all the adults chatted on the front porch, kids were able to come up and get candy from about 10 different houses in less than a minute. Oh and we took our dogs for a walk for about 15 minutes and I was pleasanty surprised to see that our candy bowls were still pretty full when we got back.

Unread 11-02-2008, 11:48 AM

355 posts, read 979,209 times
We never have had so much fun on a Halloween. Trick or treat began around 6 and we were done by 7:45! About 45 kids came to our house. It was wonderful!

Unread 11-02-2008, 01:38 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,317,389 times
They must have bussed them in from other neighborhoods. We had no less then 200 kidos come by. I went through 7 Costco bags of candy! Of course I was giving each kid a prettu big handful. But still, we don't have that many kids in our neighborhood. We also had some early 20 somethings. Come on now! I even asked one of them, "aren't you a little old?" He replied, "never too old for free candy." lol.

We ran out of candy and closed our door and turned off the lights and they still kept coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary