Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:58 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,635,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
Well...since I only listen to it in my car, I don't know if there's any way to boost the signal except perhaps to attach a bunch of aluminum foil to my car's antenna
There are after-market antennas you can get. I listen to NPR on Sirius....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 06:07 AM

137 posts, read 605,651 times
The only talk radio I get to listen to is generally in the morning. The Buzz is pretty good (although you have to like sports to enjoy it, of course).

I've tried repeatedly to listen to WPTF in the mornings a few times - I don't really care for their morning show. The rest of their day sounds decent, though. They do the best job with traffic out of all the stations in the Triangle, though.

I listen to WRAL Mix 101.5 most mornings, simply because I think they do the best job with news and traffic. The staff tends to get the giggles at times, which I don't mind at all... some people understandably find that bothersome, though.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 PM

21 posts, read 123,207 times
98.1 Latest Music and I love the Bob and Sheri show in the morning. I listened to this and 91.5 National Public Radio in the morning.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:13 AM

125 posts, read 529,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Clark Howard is great.
Neil Boortz is tiresome and sophomoric, but more innovative than most other talk hosts when he isn't preening or disgusting. His brief segment at noon with Jamie Dupree(sp?) often showcases Jamie letting some of the air out of Boortz, and is also often interesting in its dissection of the DC cesspool.

680 WPTF
Clark Howard reruns are good if you miss the previous day.
Rush for 3 hours keeps me on FM.
The 3 to 6 slot is the choir singing to itself.
I like Ann Clapp on Saturday mornings, and Jack Handel, Handel on the Law on weekends.

Enough of talk/blabber?? Go to WCPE www.theclassicalstation.org and listen via the internet. Ahh-h-h-h-h.... Peace!

Ive gotta say, I love listening to Boortz, nobody has opinions quite like he does always keeps me entertained, just wish he wouldnt be so crude sometimes. Nobody said anything about Dave Ramsey ! you guys must get him there, .. right!?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:23 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,834,614 times
PTF is good, they mix local and national issues. Once these hosts get syndicated they say they will not change, then they become totally national.
I also do not miss the annoying AM buzz!
I get all 3 NPR's here in Wake Forest! In addition, there is PTF and theAM talk, so, there is actually plenty of choice for talk radio here.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:38 AM

110 posts, read 123,071 times
News/Talk

106.1 WTKK. Pros. Dave Ramsey and Coast-to-Coast. Will sometimes go to this station if 680 WPFT is pre-empted for sports. Cons. Most of the programing does not appeal to me. It gets bad after 5AM. Sundays is the absolute worse with pre-recorded programs and staff don't know how to operate the station.

680 WPFT. Pros. Great particularly on Saturday and Weekdays up until 1AM. Clark Howard is good, but I could remember when they carry both Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard (I often refer to them as Ramsey Clark former attorney general I met some years ago). Cons. Not really geared towards a black audience and that is really my only problem with this station. (Earlier, it did appear to be an attempt to be more inclusive, but that didn't last very long). I still listen as I'm from a News media town and the format does resemble 1010 wins/CBS 88.

1600 WIDU. Pros. Black focused format. Cons. Bad formatting and programing. Much emphasis seems to be around the person than the community. I did like what they did a few months ago. But it was phased out. Also. 7A does not start most people's day. 6A does. The station really needs a major overhaul. The first person we hear is a non- African American and that is just a bad way to start the day. I use to split my time between FNC and this station, and now I just hit the Shortwave at 8AM. Thanks a lot!

640 WFNC. Pros. I wouldn't listen to this station if it wasn't for Goldie. But the News gathering goes to Jim. The two makes a good team. I like Goldie position on a lot of issues, but I can understand JIM. Jim isn't the worse conservative in the world. Cons. By 8A, I'm onto my Shortwave with much more left leaning material.

990 Southern Pines. I would listen to this station every time regular programing on WPFT has been pre-empted for sport. They have both a good lawyer and computer program. But neither of these are on the level of WPFT programing. Cons. Poor signal reception, makes it difficult to listening.

Good day.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:43 AM

110 posts, read 123,071 times
I do not like Opinion focused program unless information is their main focus. WPFT is the best station for this reason. It is News worthy and opinionless.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:47 PM

810 posts, read 1,443,776 times
I have to confess, those financial guys Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard give me the creeps. I'm sure that they're very nice fellows but when I hear their voices my spine cringes.

I don't know why but there you are.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:22 PM

650 posts, read 923,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prius109 View Post
Ive gotta say, I love listening to Boortz, nobody has opinions quite like he does always keeps me entertained, just wish he wouldnt be so crude sometimes. Nobody said anything about Dave Ramsey ! you guys must get him there, .. right!?
I like Dave Ramsey on Youtube on the computer. Any Clark Howard fans would like Dave Ramsey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary