Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:37 PM

484 posts, read 1,366,824 times

Advertisements

Here is a little something I found if anyone is intersted in a WAH gig.
It's for Tech support, inbound outbound calls and Customer support and lead generation. I suppose it could help someone.

Sutherland @ Home

I also found this on Hallmark Cards website. This one is not work at home. It looks like a Merchandiser position, Scroll down to NC and click. They have a part time opening. It does not seem to say where in NC, but it can't hurt to fill out an ap I guess if someone needs a p/t gig.

I'm not employed by either of these companies so I don't know much about them. Just thought I would share.

Hallmark Careers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Default Sutherland opening

it looks like on career builder they are looking for a part time person who speaks French and it says the pay is 12$ an hour, Not too shabby, right?

Sutherland Global Services-Work At Home Bi lingual French Speaking Agents

Last edited by AutumnOrange3; 01-21-2009 at 04:54 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,919,012 times
I work from home, contract work, research, boring fraud cases, going through files. I manage my two rentals too. The single biggest problem with working from home is staying self motivated, self discipline and keeping on a regular schedule.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 PM

249 posts, read 691,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinalkulp View Post
I work from home doing medical transcription. I love it, but it's not for everyone. Sometimes I get the urge to look for a job outside the home, but I really don't think I would last very long. I like not having to go out into the rat race, I like not paying for gas to get to work, I like not having a boss looking over my shoulder, and I love working in my jammies and slippers when I don't feel like getting dressed! I also love being home with my kids which is the most important reason why I work from home.
I also work for a Medical Transcription company(Medquist), but I am in management. I've worked at home for 3 years and love it. I wake up every day at 8:55am and start work by 9.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 AM

Default work at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
I work from home, contract work, research, boring fraud cases, going through files. I manage my two rentals too. The single biggest problem with working from home is staying self motivated, self discipline and keeping on a regular schedule.
I know what you mean! Here I am, I should be getting a little of my work, but I would rather be playing on here One company that i have been contracting with has me doing nights, the other I work when I want basically, that is the one I get lazy moments with.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:03 PM

835 posts, read 2,876,785 times
Reviving this thread in the hopes of getting a job. I have lost 2 transcription jobs to EMR (eletronic medical records) and have been out of work since May 2012. This seems to be the trend of this business, so I am most likely going to have to do something else. Though I would prefer a stay-at-home job, I am open to on-site at this point also. Does anyone here still work for Medquist? I worked for them briefly when they took over Spheris (who I was with for 8 years) in 2010 but then accepted another offer with a local company. I just wondered if things have gotten any better there because I had awful problems with the platform they were using at the time. It was down more than it was up so couldn't make any money.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,919,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
I have been working from home for several years with IBM and really like it. In fact, I just became our OTTO (Other Than Traditional Office) Coordinator for the Triangle area. I hope to have some more info on how many of us there are in the Triangle area soon, but that's probably a few months out. IBM has a lot of people that work from home, but this is probably bad timing as the rumors are flying about cut backs. A few months out things may get better for prospects, depending on how the economy goes.
Perhaps you can explain why IBM is so incredibly cheap for work-at-home folks, then? Won't reimburse much for phone, but requires you have a reliable and unlimited talking plan...won't reimburse at all for internet which we all know is required...and a whole host of other things that leave us scratching our heads going, "Why won't they cover this???"

Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Perhaps you can explain why IBM is so incredibly cheap for work-at-home folks, then? Won't reimburse much for phone, but requires you have a reliable and unlimited talking plan...won't reimburse at all for internet which we all know is required...and a whole host of other things that leave us scratching our heads going, "Why won't they cover this???"
Shouldn't an employer cover only incremental costs incurred by the WFH employee, not costs the employee would otherwise incur? Would you cancel your internet service if IBM didn't pay for it?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I telecommute most of the time. I'm in corporate (big pharma). I prefer working at home, as my job requires a great deal of concentration.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,919,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Shouldn't an employer cover only incremental costs incurred by the WFH employee, not costs the employee would otherwise incur? Would you cancel your internet service if IBM didn't pay for it?
Perhaps not - but with cell phones getting so fast, maybe I would. IBM won't pay for her cell phone but wants her to have one and have it available for use on any business trips. Yet they won't reimburse for it. They save a lot by not having her in an office wasting power and buying her a desktop computer, yet they won't reimburse for our household costs going up for her to work at home. Not saying she doesn't have an advantage either, but they are very stingy compared to others I've heard about as far as reimbursing for costs.

Perhaps I had to increase our internet plan from basic to faster because she works at home - but will they pay the difference? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary