Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:52 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnene2k View Post
Property tax is lower in Durham than Wake or Orange counties with Orange being the highest
Are you referring to Durham County Tax vs Wake County Tax? Or are you referring to Durham Co + City vs Wake Co + City tax?

I've noticed that Durham city and county taxes are listed in mls as 1.41 and Wake Co city and county is listed as 1.1? (under 1.20). Is this not correct?

Or do you think the Durham Co taxes are lower because the county assesses property at a lower value or uses a lower percentage of RMV??

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 PM

266 posts, read 1,052,183 times
Default Windows are...

important for several reasons. I am sorry I am unable to check in every day and am going back to PDX Mom's earlier question. The half circle or any shape is not as important as whether the shape and size are appropriate to their placement. Lots of windows are favored because of the extra light, but they had better be energy efficient and easy to clean. Speaking of which, if you are selling, make sure your windows are spotless. An interesting window could simply be one that is larger, placed higher, has Chippendale arrangement of muntins (I just thought that one up) or anything. The trick is whether or not someone thinks, Awwww....how cute OR Ewwww...how cutesy. It can be a fine line. That applies to other features as well. This is a traditional, conservative area, on the whole. Most homes sell well with conservative treatments that have just a little twist or something extra.
Another thought...what do you see out the window? If you don't have a view, create one with a nice planting or yard art outside. Nice patios, porches and decks are big selling points. These things do not have to be expensive. If you do not have a designer eye, find a friend, relative or professional with good tasteto help. By all means watch TV programs about selling homes. They really help. I love it when I have a seller who has been watching those shows. Makes my job easier!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:13 PM

212 posts, read 858,617 times
why do i get the impression sharkbait is just trying to stir up something. notice all his/her threads are along the lines of insinuating a bad market. any truth to that or not, 1 thread per page is enough eh?

I'm counting 3.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:01 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House Lady View Post
important for several reasons. I am sorry I am unable to check in every day and am going back to PDX Mom's earlier question. The half circle or any shape is not as important as whether the shape and size are appropriate to their placement.
HouseLady, thanks for the answer. I personally do no like those 1/2 circle windows in newer construction. But at least now I know that if I end up with one it might not be a negative in selling. And thanks for all your helpful comments. You reminded me I need to schedule to have my windows cleaned before we list!! It's still gray here in Portland so I forget that my windows need to be washed.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbr View Post
why do i get the impression sharkbait is just trying to stir up something. notice all his/her threads are along the lines of insinuating a bad market. any truth to that or not, 1 thread per page is enough eh?

I'm counting 3.
It might just be the "Half-empty glass" mentality.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:02 PM

36 posts, read 100,355 times
Default always half full!!!!

so has anyone else noticed yet that more & more houses are coming on to the market?
And in answer to the few people who state my posts are negative!..
I thought this message board was an open public opinion based forum?...
This is just my opinion!...I have not insinuated that most of the people who state how wonderful the current house market is, are mostly realtors!..oopps did I just say that...
Anyway my posts are just that!..my opinion....there are many posts on here that I do not agree with..but I would not go and make childish comments about them....
so in closing .... Yall have a nice day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary