Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:41 PM

33 posts, read 117,767 times

Advertisements

Hi folks, I just recently settled in to a leased home in Garner after I accepted a position here in the triangle. I moved here from Kentucky because of so many opportunities for work and play. Right now I'm working on getting my wife and home moved down. My questions for you are:
Where can I get good BBQ baby back ribs and what is up with so many people doing U-turns at intersections?

Help me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 05:47 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,755,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicVagabond View Post
what is up with so many people doing U-turns at intersections?
Lots of us are transplants and get lost easily. I personally don't do U turns at intersections. But this is a guess.

Welcome to NC.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:00 PM

767 posts, read 1,847,967 times
No, the U turns are because this area has a serious problem with road planning. Basically, you can't turn into business or driveway on the other side of the road if it is within about 300 ft of an intersection...they put a big fat island in the middle...so you have to make a u turn to get there. You also can't turn out and go left ever! So you have to go right and make a u turn. Must be some strange law because its not that way anywhere else. One of my pet peeves!

BBQ? Not sure about baby backs, but my new favorite Place is Dickey bbq in Crossroads...the brisket is yummy!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:01 PM

58 posts, read 202,184 times
I've noticed the left turn problem as well... have to make a U-turn to get to where you want.
Also, in NC BBQ = Pulled Pork. For babybacks, I've had to resort to chains like TGI Friday or Chilli's.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:17 PM

1,967 posts, read 953,989 times
I don't eat much ribs, but I am reminded constantly by family members that Fridays does have good ribs. However, if you are willing to drive a bit from Garner, Danny's BBq does have very good ribs. From what I remember it is Texas style ribs if that matters. Their pulled pork and chicken are very tasty and are what I usually get when I go to the Cary restaurant. And yes, I do need to make a u-turn on Tryon rd to get there.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:22 PM

1,190 posts, read 4,048,960 times
Default reply

Crowley's on Medlin drive in Raleigh has had great baby back ribs for a long time. The Angus Barn's are top shelf as well.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletupelo View Post
Crowley's on Medlin drive in Raleigh has had great baby back ribs for a long time. The Angus Barn's are top shelf as well.
I had a feeling you would post very quickly about this topic . the Angus Barn should be visited at least once by every true beef lover that comes to our beautiful State. Its been about 5 years since i've eaten there; I drive by it a couple time a week and I always get a happy feeling in my tummy just seeing it there.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:53 PM

33 posts, read 117,767 times
I recall driving by the Angus Barn myself. I drove home and perused their menu online. It looked tempting but pricey, too.

On U turns, are they legal here?

Old 11-15-2008, 08:09 PM

Without a doubt it is pricey. It is along the line of what you would expect to pay at some big city steak house. The food as well as the atmosphere is what you will be paying a premium for. Is it worth it; sure it is. Memories, good stories do have a price. Go have fun, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by joe530; 11-15-2008 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: Gramatical errors

Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 PM

242 posts, read 1,213,327 times
So far the best baby back ribs I've had have been at Chilis, but I mostly eat out around the smithfield, clayton and garner areas. Hopefully, there's better in these areas that I just havent stumbled onto yet, only been here 9 months. I don't mind all the u-turns in my ZO6, but I will need a new set of tires soon

Last edited by Andy64; 11-15-2008 at 09:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary