Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 PM

331 posts, read 1,310,887 times

Advertisements

Best pizza in the triangle area
Best chinese food in the traingle area
Best mexican food in the triangle area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Thin/NY Style.
Randy's Pizza - Durham, NC, 27703 - Citysearch

More traditional with tons of toppins.
Pepper's Pizza - Chapel Hill, NC, 27514-3620 - Citysearch

Old 11-15-2008, 09:30 PM

1,967 posts, read 953,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori1961 View Post
In Cary: Los Tres Magueyes
In Apex: I cannot remember the name , but its on Salem st from what I can remember.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:34 AM

945 posts, read 1,971,249 times
Quote:

Z-Pizza Cary.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:11 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
I agree with Z pizza - despite being a franchaise, it is really good. And you can get whole wheat crusts. NY Pizza at Rt 55 and High House is pretty good too.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:18 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Thumbs up Here are a few places to consider

Quote:
Best chinese food in the traingle area
I hesitate to say these are the best "in the Triangle area" becuase the triangle is so huge and I haven't been everywhere and I'm sure there are tons of places tucked away in Durham and Chapel Hill I've never been to, but here are the places I like in Raleigh.

Best Pizza in Raleigh (three way tie)
The Point ~ Five Points near downtown
Lily's Pizza ~ Five Points near downtown
Bella Italia ~ North Raleigh

Best Mexican Food (three way tie)
El Rodeo Grill ~ North Raleigh
Dos Taquitos ~ North Raleigh
Cafe Capistrano ~ North Raleigh

We don't get chinese very often. We tend to get Thai food instead. When we do get chinese we usually go to Pei Wei (I know there are many on this forum who do not consider this "real" chinese food but my wife and I enjoy it ).

Best Asian Places (five way tie)
Sawasdee ~ North Raleigh
Shaba Shabu ~ North Raleigh
Lemon Grass ~ North Raleigh
The Duck and Dumpling ~ Downtown Raleigh
Thaiphoon ~ Downtown Raleigh

Old 11-16-2008, 07:18 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I agree with Z pizza - despite being a franchaise, it is really good. And you can get whole wheat crusts. NY Pizza at Rt 55 and High House is pretty good too.
I really liked the concept of Z pizza. It's very family friendly and has board games to play which I thought was neat. For some reason I really didn't like the sauce so we only went once.

My favorite pizza was Piccola Italia at Cameron Village.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:07 AM

945 posts, read 1,971,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I agree with Z pizza - despite being a franchaise, it is really good.

I have to laugh every time I hear this franchise thing. Why do people think a franchise has to be bad and a non chain has to be good by default? That notion is silly. The only things that make a restaurant good are good management, good food, cleanliness and atmosphere. I have been to plenty of non chain dining establishments that I would never set foot in again. We called them "One & Done's". Some of our favorite restaurants are chains.....see Stonewood Grill.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:58 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
I have to laugh every time I hear this franchise thing. Why do people think a franchise has to be bad and a non chain has to be good by default? That notion is silly. The only things that make a restaurant good are good management, good food, cleanliness and atmosphere. I have been to plenty of non chain dining establishments that I would never set foot in again. We called them "One & Done's". Some of our favorite restaurants are chains.....see Stonewood Grill.
I agree just being a local place doesn't make it better. However there are many advantages to frequenting a good local restaurant. Your money is being spent to help a small and local business. Ideally that business is getting most of their food from local suppliers. You often get much better service and get to know the workers as it's not a revolving door like a chain.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:43 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Very true, however, all other pizza that I've had from chains has been realy suboptimal - Pizza Hut, Domino's etc. I was speaking specifically of pizza. Stonewood Grill is one of my favorite restaurants in Cary too!!

Additionally, if a franchaise is owned by someone local, then we are adding to the local enconomy...another poster had mentioned that frequent non-chain supports local business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary