U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 PM

447 posts, read 1,489,464 times

Advertisements

So far we have established a few things in this thread:

1) A person (probably homeless) shot themselves behind a shopping center in Durham

2) Crime happens everywhere, Durham is not a cesspool

3) At 12% unemployment arm yourself like you are in the old West, or even better get a shotgun and go zombie killer

4) Cowboys and Redskins fans have some weird sense of humor

5) Much like crime, wackjobs are everywhere

Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM

9,540 posts, read 25,968,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckreis View Post

1) A person (probably homeless) shot themselves behind a shopping center in Durham

2) Crime happens everywhere, Durham is not a cesspool

3) At 12% unemployment arm yourself like you are in the old West, or even better get a shotgun and go zombie killer

4) Cowboys and Redskins fans have some weird sense of humor

^^ Well said!

Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 56,305,348 times
Default moderator note

The only topic that should be discussed:

Quote:
Durham police are investigating a shooting that happened Sunday afternoon at 8210 Renaissance Parkway behind the HH Gregg merchandise store.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,756 times
I have lived in the Triangle for 17 years, specifically Durham for 14 years and Chapel Hill for 3 years. There was a reason I stopped going to Northpoint years ago and now there is a reason I will no longer go to Southpoint... if Durham can't control it's crime, I certainly won't offer it any more of my sales dollars. I was eating lunch at Doc Greens yesterday afternoon when the police cars amassed in the hhgregg lot. I should have learned though, the last time I went to a 6pm movie at Southpoint about a month ago, as I was leaving at 8pm, I walked down one of the side roads to the parking lot and passed about 40 young people all in plain white tshirts, white baseball caps on sideways, and lowhaniging blue jeans... I felt like I was in a scene out of the West Side Story, and the Durham cops were just sitting there watching them...not breaking them up, not moving them along.... I was irritated by that experience and completely irate at my experience yesterday. Bye Bye Durham... I don't live there anymore, and I definitely won't shop there anymore.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 PM

447 posts, read 1,489,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princepassa View Post
I have lived in the Triangle for 17 years, specifically Durham for 14 years and Chapel Hill for 3 years. There was a reason I stopped going to Northpoint years ago and now there is a reason I will no longer go to Southpoint... if Durham can't control it's crime, I certainly won't offer it any more of my sales dollars. I was eating lunch at Doc Greens yesterday afternoon when the police cars amassed in the hhgregg lot. I should have learned though, the last time I went to a 6pm movie at Southpoint about a month ago, as I was leaving at 8pm, I walked down one of the side roads to the parking lot and passed about 40 young people all in plain white tshirts, white baseball caps on sideways, and lowhaniging blue jeans... I felt like I was in a scene out of the West Side Story, and the Durham cops were just sitting there watching them...not breaking them up, not moving them along.... I was irritated by that experience and completely irate at my experience yesterday. Bye Bye Durham... I don't live there anymore, and I definitely won't shop there anymore.
The incident mentioned in this post was a self inflicted gunshot wound. There is nothing to control there.

What were the 40 young people doing that the police should have broken them up? Were they breaking a law? Were they starting a fight like the kids at Triangle Town Center in Raleigh?

Old 11-17-2008, 12:38 PM

1,489 posts, read 4,971,786 times
Quote:
Is there anywhere that can completely control crime?

Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 PM

1,878 posts, read 4,581,290 times
Quote:
I should have learned though, the last time I went to a 6pm movie at Southpoint about a month ago, as I was leaving at 8pm, I walked down one of the side roads to the parking lot and passed about 40 young people all in plain white tshirts, white baseball caps on sideways, and lowhaniging blue jeans...

It was a crime of fashion.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:11 PM

32 posts, read 84,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
It was a crime of fashion.
lol

Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM

675 posts, read 1,595,247 times
Gosh, I wish I could get outraged by unextraordinary events. My life would be so much more interesting.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:11 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,420,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckreis View Post

Welcome to the club!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary